Thought I was getting MEDI082, instead:

unless the whole release is a single-sided ting like that James Blake remix

Haha this is a cool story!
Lets hope it will be released and not single sided please!

you canā€™t ā€œpressā€ any dubplateā€¦dubs are cut in real-time, just like a master lacquer.
nobody sells dubplates on or bothers writing the cat# in the run-outā€¦thatā€™d be pointless! thisā€™ll be a TP no doubt.

My question though is, why put the incorrect cat# in the runout? It says MEDI082 but itā€™s obv notā€¦

if you upload a clean 320 you will gain the validation of everyone dude

@Cheyne_Taylor_Bush Youā€™ve got lucky but donā€™t start taking the piss man.

yeah keep it to yourself donā€™t leak dubs, someones gonna up it to funkysouls or some shit if u send it out

Good point, I donā€™t want to cause a ruckus.

Just a question. Is it ok to get a dubplate of someone elses tunes. Like get Kalawanji pressed?

Ethically or legally?

I think i just donā€™t want to pay the $100 it is for the plate on discogs. I guess more legal is the question.

You can but you need the WAV, Should you, no not really

1 BigUp

howā€¦?

Alright thanks for the info. I hear about people doing this a lot but I was just unsure.

You also generally need a vinyl-mastered or unmastered file for cutting dubs so itā€™s just not really ideal to cut other peopleā€™s tracks anyway.

Thats what I was really wondering about. If the mastering of an already digitally mastered track would screw it up.

Nothing wrong with pressing up digital to dubplate if you legitimately own the WAV.

Kalawanji came out on CD on that Deep Medi Releases Volume 1 so you can legitimately own the WAV of that tune.

So you dont think it would sound bad if i pressed the digital?

Even if you donā€™t own the copyright? Copying laws are a bit different in UK vs. US as I understand it.

Im not sure if its the same. But i feel like making a dubplate of it is pretty much the same as if i were to burn it to a cd or a cassette or something.