Tuna - The Legend Continues

already got Cyclopian and Knobgoblin’s tunas, i’ll post the tracks later today, send them in

its your tuna?

yup :smile_cat:

telehubbies:

cyclamen:
https://soundcloud.com/cyclopianarchitects/run

blobgobbling:
https://soundcloud.com/knobgoblin/reaktacid2

spudbenzertron:
https://soundcloud.com/wolfram_waldlichtung/h20-3/s-uqftm
https://soundcloud.com/wolfram_waldlichtung/nard-2/s-XWxaQ

tieramisu:
https://soundcloud.com/dfaultuzer/takeshi/s-98e3y

1 BigUp

knob
reaktacid 2:

great sounds again. I prefer the bits from 4,30 and onwards - those really high tone bubbles that bob around.
That would be a great basis for some dope robot tearout. But i feel atm the nature of the exercise that this is, it might possibly stand in the way of a making it into a song because the transitions are such a natural thing for you to cling on too. I get that, you can notice the weird transition in my stuff too, maybe even where the focus seems lost (or subjectively is lost), so I sort of have the opposite happening where every new part could be a song in itself. So what i would do if i where you (if you want to at all ofcourse) would be too write a bunch of midi parts first, like a regular fool with his guitar lol, really plan it out. Make a melodic structure you feel could work with most sounds. Its really boring advice but you only get boring advice if you’re doing the difficult imaginative parts right hehe and its a great design you have going.

bi-cycle ride around the countryside
been listening to this a few times. just great tbh - - - woooh

wolfram in polen
h20 3

great sound design. the arp is awesome and the little background fx works great- has a natural feel.
The only ‘issue’ that is not an issue - is that the melodi is a little simplistic… dont get me wrong i enjoy the melody but it could be more ‘unknown’/surprising. . i can sort of pick out the scale in my mind…

nard 2
like where this is heading just needs more work
one thing though, i would really enjoy if some of the beat was in double tempo - - maybe just the hats really, but something that moves along twice as fast on top of the whole thing. . but thats just what my heart clock tells me -it might be wrong and a bi-product of having listened to too much dnb and breakcore lol!

fowl tee urr
thats super neat like the last one but more folky

longererer it up m8, its sick and really a ‘sound’ now …

@hubb
:seedling: real nice choice of ambience and instruments maybe the vocal one shots distract from the feeling abit
:evergreen_tree: hm yeah i am more a non vocal idm guy i think haha
:deciduous_tree: melodies develope nice dig the break at 2.36 too beat fits but isnt maybe even needed
:palm_tree: yeah i would just take the beat that comes after the short breaky one
:cactus: maybe a hint of the nice synthie melody earlier could complete it more? but it comes in nice so i dunno

:tulip:yeah wouldnt change anything besides subjective stuff real nice tune

@cyclopian
:walking:heard this one early this week really liked it hi hats in the beginning could maybe turned down tiny bit
:runner:sub comes in nice is maybe even a bit too hard but still clean, bassdrum at the end could be more mono

:horse_racing:but not much to fault here either has a nice feel and i agree with the soudncloud commentthe end part could maybe come earlier too

@knobgoblin
:floppy_disk:dig this one could be on a art show or for the catwalk haha where they wear plasticbags :smile:
:minidisc:hm developes nice personally i am not a big over 6 minutes guy haha but like yeah in a context i think this would work real well
:cd:reminds me a bit of this plastikman-pakard one :slight_smile:

:dvd:hm really not much to say either developes nice all the way maybe a just acid line part could be nice with nothing else playing but yeah for 9 minutes it really doesnt get boring

@faultier
:blue_car:you got this
:bullettrain_side:hip hop instrumental thingy
:airplane:figured out
:helicopter:by now

:police_car:lol tried to make it look like catch me if you can or some shit like that haha but yeah has this old heist movie style or sth guy ritchie would use

1 BigUp

:mrgreen: :gunfinger:

(very good review bud. I think i agree on what you say on all the tunes basicly haha… nice)

:3 no problem i liked all the tunes this week most week too haha
yeah i agree with you too maybe the melodies get bit too basic in this tune haha hm which one bothers you the most i think after the arp drops its pretty solid

yeah

but not a bother at all

more like the melody could be more memorable but that is often completely random or like just lucky if it happens :relaxed:

ill listen some more later tonight and see if some idea comes up !

ah yeah i get what you mean yeah wasnt really the focus the melodies haha more like the sounds making the melodies but yeah i guess i will try to maybe change it up abit or make it less happy/basic

1 BigUp

https://soundcloud.com/eyesandi/rough-morning

Long time no see fellas, don’t know what the upload day is anymore. But I finished this up today, so I’ll hop in this week.

@zosomagik
dig the intro sound maybe the melody drops in too early or too present?
i dig the epiano style melody
maybe you could make the “reece bass” even more lowpassed? just a low rumble
i dig the chords in the midsection dunno about the beat there though
would bring it back when the bass comes back
maybe give the beat bit more room/presence or make it bit louder
but i like it so far has real nice elements like those chords

but i guess we take week off tuna? i have some tunes in the making lol but yeah hope we can keep it running :confused:

yeah

its a poor display at the moment

yeh, sorry guys been busy being super lazy

will post feedback for last weeks + zoso tunas later, dont take them down yet

1 BigUp

oh not you specifically

just overall

yeah i’ve not even opened ableton in a while haha

ok, here’s some late feedback:

@hubb liking the parts with the music box (or whatever it is) better, the middle part just seems like it should be a different idea to develop on is own (completely subjective tho), i didnt mind the vocal samples tho :stuck_out_tongue:

aside from that, can’t find anything wrong with it, mixdown sounds alright on my headphones

@cyclopian maybe just my headphones but it sounds like the kick could be thumpier? sounds a bit weak compared to other elements i think

other than that nice one

@knobgoblin really like how it seamlessly progresses, the panning at the very end’s a bit weird, but aside from that can’t fault it, it remains good throughout despite its length

@BudSpencertron H20: agree with hubb’s comment on the melody being to simple, maybe try to add a few notes manually here and there and see what sticks, maybe i would EQ out the highs of the foley in the intro a bit, sounds very harsh on my headphones, i feel the arpeggio could be a bit less loud at the end, seems to really overpower everything else mixwise… maybe my headphones again tho…

Nard: really liking the sound design on this one, the beats are sick too. actually, if you finish this one, i wouldnt mind having the stems (or even if you dont finish it tbh)

@zosomagik liking this. i would second that comment on lowpassing the reece, maybe have some automation on that, maybe also some gentle EQ on the distorted elements, aside from that digging what you got so far

i’m guilty of slacking too, but no one sent me tunas these past weeks either… should we make this biweekly? other ideas to try and keep this going?

1 BigUp

thanks for the feedback :3
hm yeah its tuff 2 weeks could maybe work better

oh and yeah i try to remember the stems when i worked on it bit more or if i give it up i give them to you haha but yeah def i kinda thought of your style when i made it haha your idm style