https://soundcloud.com/wolfram_waldlichtung/bullk-4/s-FqYLg
https://soundcloud.com/wolfram_waldlichtung/bwuap-alt-neu-1/s-D2VRN

Faulted Flakes
https://soundcloud.com/dfaultuzer/same-old/s-9J609

feedbacksy
@Jizz
very nice ambient start
really dig it nice layers on every sound
you got some inspiration form some idm? sounds like it in a good way reminds me of different old idm tunes for different reasons
hm i think its hard to say if you should change sth this music doesnt folow conventional guidelines
maybe hints of the meloy coming towards the end or some minimal beat breaks/changes earlier
but yeah same as the last one would def work in an album too

@faultier
nice short instrumental again dig the vocals here :slight_smile:
yeah i think this could work as just instrumental too
bassline maybe layer it with tiny bit of sub like not real sub just a tad haha

@BudSpencertron Bullk 4 is reaally promising. sounds like somewhere between Logos/Sd Laika
Bwuap Alt Neu 1 feeling this direction that youre taking. nothing to criticise tbh, maybe switch the beat to a halfstep when that brighter lead comes in?
might have to start asking for 320’s soon :stuck_out_tongue:

@faultier brooo, Ted Hawkins shit

wolm

Is awesome. Really a good mixdown here holm’, - like really good.

Maybe the drums does come up too upfront when they do arrive- just slightly, but think about it. Only bit i’d change. Maybe some noizey atmos somewhere but that might clutter it up tbh.

Very good!

bulk 4

cool shit imo. Finish it :slight_smile: :gunfinger:

bwuap

cool design. good melody. i like the sounds and the way they are used.

There is a tiny single drum hit in the middle of one of the drum break parts that isn’t quantised/ off grid that pops out and seems slightly messy when everything else is on point.
Talking about the snare drill bit ,and the first time it comes up is @ 1:17 and 1:21 !
Its probably artistic choice - but the rest is so tight, so thats why im mentioning it. Just a thought.

same old, same gold - blame mould

straight vibes - awesome + good mix

too short (not the rapper) :badteeth:

thx for the fdbk
:3 glad you guys dig the dif stuff me and my bro make its hard to get away from an easy to make sound (for us)

and thanks
@hubb
for the japanese drum samples forgot the name again
really solid samples might try to make sth with them soon not sure what yet haha

1 BigUp

friedback:

@Jizz nice atmosphere although maybe you could add some layer(s) to give it more texture? beat-wise i feel there should be a lot more going on, agree on the idm vibes, like i can see something wth the beat going really afx-like hectic work well, opinions tho… still need to get around making that .zip one day

@BudSpencertron ok just start a grime alias dude >< can’t really fault bullk, maybe some very minor changes in the mixdown, agreed on bubb’s comment about the drums being a bit too upfront at first

bwuap: kuedo-ish vibe on this one, i feel the arpeggiated melody in the intro could be a bit louder. the other melody that comes in around 1:30 could be more complex too, idk sounds a bit too simple to me, the second part after the break is sick tho

@hubb @Jizz @BudSpencertron @cyclopian @zosomagik got a tuna from knobgoblin, i’ll also throw in my usual lazy sample flip, if you have tunas send them my way

this weeks marinated tuna filets:

KnotGoblih

BuidspenzperTrou
https://soundcloud.com/wolfram_waldlichtung/puma-3

Fauxtiara

@knobgoblin sick sound design as usual. really liking the hints of that dissonant metallic noise in the background. maybe just my headphones but the mixdown sounds a bit muddy, the snares especially sound drowned in the mix. i feel they could stand out a bit more.

@BudSpencertron curve ball! i was expecting more grimey stuff :frowning: nice one, not sure i’m too fond of the vocal sample, but personal taste and all. can’t fault it really, it’s a nice base on which to build. also the snare sounds like it has some weird transient but i suspect its because you’ve been a bit heavy handed on the master > limiter?

@knobgoblin
real nice beat layers
kinda agree that you could give the drums bit more room but i like the reverbness of it dubsound
i think of a vex´d mix or sth like broken note bit like that or scorn :smile:
hm besides that prettymuch done real nice
maybe yeah lower just some of the background raise the drums abit instead
love the bass though
you reckon i could try a remix? if you have some stems haha cause you said you make lots of it in sessions

@faultier
yeah dig this hm the beat could be bit more ruff? sounds very clean on top haha but yeah another good short instrumental haha

@knobgoblin raw tones, crazy harmonies as well. maybe some subtle changes in percussion here and there? but this could even work without kick and snare, with that midrange tone acting as a vague rhythm and the atmosphere resounding all around, kind of like how it is at 3:40ish

@BudSpencertron taking the piss m8, deep tune. drums are buttery, very nice

@faultier them gaps of silence tho

anyone has something this week?

you know i am always fiddling around haha but yeah i would keep it for next week if nobody enters this week

1 BigUp

@BudSpencertron send yours, i have another entry from cuclopian, three’s a tuna

this week’s tuna casserole

greeklopian
https://soundcloud.com/cyclopianarchitects/untitled-wip-1

prince goblin
https://soundcloud.com/knobgoblin/slengtenger-jam

faulty loops
https://soundcloud.com/dfaultuzer/untitled/s-5Sy81

budspidertron
https://soundcloud.com/unimoguri/ninja-gaiden

budspide: really like the interplay between the kick zap and the bass on this one, also the glitchy edits or processing on the background sounds give a lot of depth to the soundstage Plus, those toms are pure win. In regards to last week, Sure I got some stems for you! I’ll PM you tomorrow with a dropbox link.

FaultUserD: Always enjoy the hip hop vibe on your stuff. Great sample based music. The clap has maybe too much high end hash making it a bit to harsh give the context it is slotted in to. Gimme Moar tho! your tunas are always like a minute long, just enough for me to get my head bobbing and then they are gone!

Cygreeklopan: Not sure if you are into Muslimgauze or not, maybe just Shackelton. This is giving me a United States of Islam vibe hardcore. The right blend of hypnotic repetition and progression. Great job as always.

@knobgoblin the mix is super smashed, and it works for the most part, but I feel like there is some detail missing. Maybe its the lack of range in the sounds, but it gets really tiring to listen to. That being said, I’ve still soldiered through listening to this thing 3 times at least. Love it.

and Re: to your words on mine thanks man, I dont make either of those connections myself, but am a huge fan of both artists. I was feeling a little more Cluekid - Cyberfunk b2b DJ Khalab on this one myself in terms of influence haha. Ez tho, honored you’d even make those connections on my ting.

@faultier the sample is simply too flat compared to your drums for me in this one. I typically love your sampling flips, but this ones not doing it for me. I cant put my finger on the reason, but its just…hard to listen to. Sorry m8, we all gotta fail sometimes and you do it less than most.

@BudSpencertron nothing to say here but please send over an 320/wav great work

thanks guys and yeah i will send you pm cyclopian :smile:
havent forgotten the older tunes either just my bro isnt sure yet what to do with them and stuff hopefully i wont forgot oyu when we finally upload them

1 BigUp

a my english lol :frowning:

@cyclopian lol no worries, i wouldnt post my shit here if i didnt expect honest feedback.
as usual you nailed that clean mixdown/gritty sound design combo. although i feel the horn-ish synth in the back could be just a tad louder. construction wise, maybe more a personal taste thing but i feel the beat could be more stripped down at time, like if you’re still working on this maybe try muting some of your percussive tracks at times, possibly have sort of fills where you mute something on the 8th/16th bar… eh maybe i’m just rambling

@knobgoblin riddim! mixdown’s a bit rough on the edges but fuck it you get extra point for the sleng teng. maybe i would suggest some crazy dub delay action on the skanky synth thats panned all over the place, but aside from that and the mixdown, its bueno, and sorry for the >1min tuna, i see them as proof of concept :smiley:

@BudSpencertron sick one again, altho as usual i’m not particularly fond of the rnb vocal sample at the beginning but some things don’t change… i feel the synth melody in the breakdown could be a bit more complex, or maybe it’s the synth itself, i don’t know i feel it doesn’t really fit with the other elements imho tbh bbq, other than that mixdown sounds good to me. what happened to the stems from that track you posted a couple of weeks back, im still interested