https://soundcloud.com/wolfram_waldlichtung/this-feeling-2/s-7u5ji

Squeaklopian
https://soundcloud.com/cyclopianarchitects/shoutout-the-utube-historians

Genrl Lee
https://soundcloud.com/gnrlbeats/mirror-lake-2-wip/s-q1cZP

Drefaultuzer
https://soundcloud.com/dfaultuzer/78798988a/s-WKND9

1 BigUp

Sorry guys I’ve been proper busy this week doing building work, promise I’ll get feedback down this weekend!

late friedback

@BudSpencertron that pad in the intro :love_hotel: not sure about the vocals, like they work but really sound a bit too burial-wannabe ish and i feel your track could stand on its own without it, maybe use another complementary synth to occupy the space where the vocals are sitting? mixdown sounds a bit rough too, but my guess is you just slapped a limiter on the master, which might be whats wrong?

@cyclopian really like the sound design and mixdown, but it sounds a bit directionless? subjective/personal taste obviously. idk i guess it lacks a real sense of progression to me, i feel like you could have built more over a few ideas that you just hint at throughout (like the sort of low siren sound around the 2:00 mark, or the distorted pad around 3:00, wish we’d hear more of these) imo tbh bbq

@Samuel_L_Damnson smooth 80’s vibes. liking that snappy snare. idk if it’d mess with the space in your mix but i feel there could be another melodic element for some parts, maybe some zomby-esque arpeggio or something? also maybe i would add variations on that main 3 notes melody, especially during the breakdown

:slight_smile: thanks for the fdbk i try to give some later too
and yeah i agree vocals could be cut or less. btw i think the melody is time form hans zimmer or sth haha my brother sended me the tune but i think its a midi with a dif sound :sweat_smile:

@cyclopian
nice break :slight_smile: dunno if maybe it would be cooler everything having the same filter in the start ?
but at 0.45 it starts to blend nice
i expected more of a prodigy drop right away haha
kinda miss maybe one element more i dunno but thats personal i think
this sound at 2.33 the rave one maybe bring it earlier
not my style of music but i like how you mixed the dif breaks sounds organic
hm but yeah i think one more element could raise the vibe of it maybe just some rave one shots

@Samuel_L_Damnson
i like the vibe hm maybe like a lex luger 808 with those rolls?
dig it more when the idm hi hats come into play
not 100 sure about the clap, it does fit but theres maybe one better i dunno haha lol
end melody is nice, nice layering at the end
hm only thing i think the melody this one moment is too happy haha when it goes like real up but i dunno how you could change it but i think it could sound bigger without it

@faultier
i think overall bit bigger but i guess its so far mostly raw
hm the vocals maybe pitch them bit dif the yeah i think bit up or sth

Gonna give some late feedback on my lunch break later

@BudSpencertron
Really nice vibes on this one, very burialish but the vocal is a bit different. I like how you havent just gone for the obvious found sound hi hats and have made an actual pattern too. If anything id probs switch up the drums every now and then, annd also turn up the vocal but other than that its niceeeee.

@cyclopian
I like the drum work on this track, especially when that amen comes in, im a sucker for amens. I would probably say that maybe the low end could be bigger, i.e. more sub and kick or maybe just turn down the high end stuff a bit but the overall vibe is very cool and energetic.
On a second listen id actually be inclined to say there may be too many different breaks in this for my liking, they all sound cool seperatly but its quite a lot to take in, you could probs make like 4 tunes out of this haha!

@faultier
haha really digging that sample at the intro, as usual with your beats, nice sampling work man. loving the lofi style of the vocals in the sample and the little stops, this track would be amazing with a vocal. I dont think id add anything to this tbh.

ah no! on ice maybe
i mean i have always some wips going but i dont wanna be the one asshole who always has sth either :confused:
more people would have been nice but we did(do) this for a long time to be fair (2-3 years maybe) now
but yeah it gets harder to keep it steady. like giving feedback. i dont wanna just say:"nice maybe add some this and that"
even if it do say that sometimes
like we all develope. get better. so its harder to give feedback to each other imho.
like everybody has his style so its hard to push the person further in the path he chose without actually interfering

2 Likes

im caught up in a lot of trap stuff that doesnt need much feedback atm
thats my excuse

i think we need to keep it going tho

we could decide on one date in march or somfing … or share an sc account (is that a good idea? - like a workshop we all have acces too… hmm)

1 BigUp

lol, no worries m8, if you have something send it, 50% of the time, the reason i get off my ass and try and have a tuna ready (even if only another <1 min lazy beat) is because one of you guys sent me something and guilt-tripped me into tuna-ing :stuck_out_tongue:

definitely open to suggestions to change the format/pace/whatever if you guys have ideas

2 Likes

yea i keep making trap beats too and then getting mad at myself and getting drunk instead. so i could submit something but it will be very incomplete and drunk aha

1 BigUp

on a plus note tuna has helped me so much and thans to all u tuna guys and danny floyd wherever he went and nwj

1 BigUp

I havent really been able to focus on production lately :confused: def dont want to see tuna die tho. Maybe will have something for next saturday

yeah i think the idea with a “shared” soundcloud sth like that could work like not with a deadline
i mean obviously a wip you want to get further but like a month to give some feedback should be ok (unless you really want to have a tune finished)
like some link you might have on your firefox or sth and you can check when you feel like it and type comments on the tune or whatever

and i talk to danny floyd from time to time. he still makes music gets better too :slightly_smiling:

2 Likes

so sb has sth for tuna this week?
we could def think about this soundcloud though or sth like that

I have a tuna its not very far in tho

yeah i try to make one too or pick one from this week lets keep it rolling :slightly_smiling: