Tuna - The Legend Continues

:slight_smile: i like how you write fuß but go back to strasse haha
to tired to feedback today though but i will soon
any of you guys into the new samplepack contest ?
i might try but i dunno if i have the fire anymore to finish sth i am not 100 happy with :confused:

weil ich spreche Freistil Deutsch

yea i’ll probably send something in, most probably something basic. fun to muck around with a limited bunch of samples

feedback soon as i can

hi guys, might have something to submit, sorry that i randomly come and go, i have a metric shit tonne of work to do at uni aha.

:wink:

also ive had a listen through some of the past tunas, fantastic stuff all round

lol i speak freestyle english :relieved:

@Jizz
nice intro, like the sound that start at 0:50
melody is wierd and nice (agree though maybe filter it here and there ). the sounds at 1:56 maybe too loud abit or too direct
the switch up is nice at 3:10 maybe take some out of the loudest peaks from the end pad starting at 3:50
besides that it sounds finished

@faultier
i feel the beat more when the other elements come at the start it feels bit wierd maybe start with just the siren dub sound
and the snare its cool but maybe try some more
yeah like a hard beat i think would be tight here like lorn stuff haha like a stomper
but the samples work nice and the bass you layered is nice too the distorted one just i think a harder beat and maybe vocal sample one octave down at some part ?

@BudSpencertron Nard vip> cleansounding beat,the groove really comes to life in this one. your reverb is on point man, the sounds sit so well in the mix. i’d say it’d work even better without the stab at the second half, just have the raw 808 and beat, then muck around more freely with the stab here and there. nice try on getting vocals as well, works in an eerie way

milch> yes mate, this one. one of those weird ones where im both laughing and vibing. fukabout m8

@faultier vibing differently from the getgo. feeling this more than the beat stuff, especially cos it has traces of your beats. alternative church riddim. yes, the ride is perfect. nothing to say about this one to be honest, big ups. could cut it at 3:04 maybe

the unstoppable mariachi jizz buckley
https://soundcloud.com/relka/arose/s-Fl7BF

the trailblazing new challenger johney cage
https://soundcloud.com/johney/tatarak-riddim-wip/s-YBzhc

the fascinating i didnt work on tuna this week so here have a mix i patched together that has some tuna in it
https://soundcloud.com/dfaultuzer/no-sign-no-door

the relentless tunaslinger bud stewart
https://soundcloud.com/unimoguri/4a-2/s-7iVxT
https://soundcloud.com/unimoguri/4a-1/s-Zyvn5

seems you got the wronk link there, this should be mine :]

https://soundcloud.com/johney/tatarak-riddim-wip/s-YBzhc

gonna have a listen to the others after work

ah shit, yeah my bad

it’s because with private links, i cant copy paste the link once its embedded in the pm for some reason, so i think it just links to whatever’s the first song on your SC profile when i do

if you pm me the private link without the https:// part of the URL so it doesnt embed i’ll edit the tunapost

@BudSpencertron no tunas this week?

im gonna post some feedback for the lols, i said id do the sample pack contest this week so thats gonna ruin my tuna rate.

@Jizz

Real nice sounding dry drum sound, i like how youve done a deep garage beat and not just gone full reverb on everything. loving the pulsating reese especially. I think your drums could maybe doo with a couple of switch ups in the beat or perhaps a new layer of percussion coming in the second time the drums kick in cos it is sounding slightly empty in the mid range. other than that the mix sounds very nice.

@syrup

Nothing to add, very nice banger of a tune there. your break work is always good and i really like the cross rhythms in the high hats at points. heavy track

@faultier

Ill listen to this tonight or tomorrow in full ;0

sorry had some work trouble and other shit i do have some tunas i send you later :confused:

@Jizz
really liking the drum sounds, interesting rhythm, i basically agree with @Samuel_L_Damnson that second part needs something more going on to kind of set focus of the tune

@BudSpencertron
1- really digging this, any chance of stems?
2- this is nice as well, i just think that the bass synth needs some polishing, and that snare coming in at cca 1min could be a little bit higher in the mix imo

@faultier saving this for ze mobile listening

thanks for the feedback
hm i have to ask my bro cause he made half of the tune
maybe when we finish it as a real remix i try to remember :slight_smile:

i try to feedback soon too nice to see a new guy (or did you enter on the old forum?)

i did once i think :mrgreen:

:slight_smile: yeah its fun and you can enter with whatever dont be afraid to upload raw wips and stuff nobody judges badly just constructive

fartback:

@Jizz liking what you got so far, mixdown is on point but it feels a bit too sparse in my opinion.
i think it could use more percussive elements to gel the wonky rhythm together and yeah, i second the suggestion to switch it up, bring a new synth or something at some point

@syrup serious business, strong tuna challenger. as far as the arrangement goes i’d say its pretty much finished.
listening on headphones so my mixdown advices are probably to be taken with a pinch of salt but i feel the beats could be a tiny bit louder, or maybe that highpassed wobble could be quieter, like the beats sound especially overpowered to me during that section after 1:00 with the low rate oscillation? idk

@BudSpencertron
:diamonds: 4 pff at this point i dont have any constructive feedback for your grime stuff, just send it to dj’s/labels seriously
at least post your shit in the secret ninja dubs thread imo
♀ 4 yeah the mixdown on this one sounds like it could use some tweaking, agree with the comment on the bass synth and the snare

so much feedback this week, big ups

@faultier big ups

@BudSpencertron sneaky one. hard to criticise, cos the idea is fully fleshed out. maybe mess with claps? but i feel like you mightve left out claps intentionally so… hats could be swung around a bit more maybe
second tune: vibey one. very nice “snare”. might sound even larger without a distorted mid, those hats are well nice. yes, the mid comes in real nice for the last section, so it could be used as an element to progress the tune, rather than coming in from the first drop

@syrup snare’s a beauty. midrange is wild. maybe redo drum patterns, have them so that the bass mingles into the empty spaces. check out goth-trad - seeker man, that kinda rhythm could work so well with the second half

@Jizz
nice drum sounds maybe the clap could even be real dry or every four times the short reverb
very spacy arrangement i am always a melody guy but it works without i think but some pleeps and plucks or sth with a real technical melody maybe like old autechre the egg and stuff could work would have to be the right synth sound too though
or maybe a stutter melody could go real idm too broken melody
besides that its nice so far though just not sure if its enough for me yet to work how it is
maybe if you put instead of the melodies dif sends on drum sounds but really far in the stereo field like big delay or big reverb or backwards snares etc

@syrup
nice intro :3
oldschool sounds
this snare that is at the start i think a further back place could sound nice like dark filtered tape delayed snare
overall you could give the whole drumbus maybe a compressor or raise the volume abit or/and some warm tube
maybe the real stereo bassline bit more mono or some deep layered mono bassline maybe a low sawwave or sth
i like the darker reverby bass abit more 1:43 for example
but the whole thing roles nice just i think could sound bit more evil like the strings give such a evil start and than its maybe bit too wobbly haha i dunno
maybe start spare and just here and there the wobbler but maybe even more of the nice one shot hardstyle/grime kick

@faultier
thanks for the feature :slight_smile: have to listen again but i am not too big on mixes short attention span :confused:

thx man but i am too shy lol but glad you think they are on this quality level :relieved:

:slight_smile: if you have reason, subtractor i always loved, malström got good basic sounds too

1 BigUp