UK Drill//Trap/Afroswing/social deprivation glorification

yeah its weird

but they’re so tiny now, its like literally a block of flats in most central london areas and then the rest of it is million £ cribs :lol_og:

that’s why its mad when there are these drill videos with like 100 roadman in the video, like where tf they all coming from

1 BigUp

Small fish in a smaller pond. It’s kind of sad really.

Apparently a lot of guys in the videos aren’t really on any badness like that, it just looks good for the camera.

I find it mad how many half decent successful rappers come out of such relatively small friend groups, suppose it’s a bit of an advantage if one guy from your gang has already blown up and given the group a bit of a name but still. 67, Harlem, OFB, CGM, 98s etc etc all have pretty talented guys, you don’t really see that in any other genre of music.

2 Likes

Nah there are huge estates all over London, but in most cases you wouldn’t know they exist unless you have to go to one specifically, or spot them out a train window or something. De Beauvoir estate springs to mind.

1 BigUp

Yh lol wot there’s fuck loads of estates everywhere

1 BigUp

aint that more like greater london

central london and like 5-10 miles out of it is gentrified to fuck compared to up north like brum or manny

South London there are big estates basically as soon as you’re over the river from Westminster lol, but yeah north it maybe starts a bit further out but not much. Camden, Shoreditch, all over Tower Hamlets…

1 BigUp

Yeah fair

That answers my question then :lol_og:

The roadmenz have been found

I mean the city of London doesn’t have much but everywhere else has hella

Walkin through The City of London on a Sunday is weird, so dead

1 BigUp

Another DA X Hitman tune

Dunno how I didn’t clock onto these guys before, so good

Really wanna play this in a club, so wavey

3 Likes
2 Likes
1 BigUp

this tunes a banger but kinda wish they left the hoxton guy off it, his bars are gash and sounds like he has a really bad case of nasal congestion. imo of course

1 BigUp

Agreed

Lol some of these NY beats man

They’re well on their way to NY drill being as different as UK was to Chicago

This one’s hard

And shit like this

3 Likes

lol do the actual beats sample weird shit like mr saxo beat or is it just the type beats? also the vfx on the last vid are incredible

For sure the actual beats

been a bunch of good tunes that came out of the bronx thing but I can’t get with a lot of the sample stuff, they always choose shit tha reminds of radio 1 when i was like 12

1 BigUp

you guys heard this though? pretty sick imo. Punjabi but video filmed in forest gate, D Double appears dancin in the vid lol

1 BigUp