UNBURIED: The Lost Tracks of Burial - Production Competition

I think what I’m gunna do is just turn off the grid while writing and then consolidate those to like 8 bar loops or whatever to make arranging easier

3 Likes

true

1 BigUp

He never joins in so I stopped tagging him.

2 Likes

Wicked samples here, downloaded and had a start but it’s fucking so frustrating tryna get the drums :sob::sob:

2 Likes

Fuck me this is wicked hard.

A little something to get you in the right headspace

2 Likes

someone might post that secret el-b rhythm vid for scrolls/nobby/alias
i cant find it again

This struck me in particular (as far as explaining vibes) from the article sleeps linked at top:

Wire: Your music seems to be about the after effects of Rave, about never actually experiencing it.

Burial: I’ve never been to a festival. Never been to a rave in a field. Never been to a big warehouse, never been to an illegal party, just clubs and playing tunes indoors or whatever. I heard about it, dreamed about it….

Wire: I suppose your contact with Rave through your brother is what makes your records so mournful: you know what is missing now, whereas others might not even know what they are missing.

4 Likes

Hey that’s me

5 Likes
1 BigUp

Been to a festival and clubs, but sadly no illegal raves in warehouses.
I was born in 1980 so I was in my early teens when the rave scene hit in full force. My parents would never allow me to go to a rave. Tapes were traded by the elders in school like top secret government documents. If you had an OG rare tape ie. not Dreamscape or Helter Skelter you could be a God for a day. You’d usually get a copy of a copy to take home and dub on your tape to tape ghettoblaster. I had this one…

That’s what I love about Burial, when he speaks on those days I lived those days.

5 Likes

This tune is hard.

Raves in fields were fun

2 Likes

Started working on mine. Gonna try and get it dun quick

I feel like this might be a non-submission from me. I just cannot make anything work.

Thats crazy cos he nails the feeling of ur head BUZZING with tunes when the sun’s coming up, or trying to go to sleep at a festival. Thought he was literally an old school raver lol

2 Likes

Very nice sample pack :cannon:

aaaaand were done :cornlol:

I figured if I spent any more time on it, it would lose it’s burial-ness.

EDIT: @sleeps did you get my pm? I can’t see it.

5 Likes

I need to avoid posting so much copy pasta

why?