Underrated Tunes

1 BigUp

iā€™d fall flat on my arse if i heard this dropped on a system

1 BigUp

I love it but find it so hard to mix out of. Only so many times you can play out a blend with Vancouver before people start noticing.

1 BigUp

find you have to mix it into grime really. usually i mix it into liberation front by egyptrixx once which sounds heavy though

2 Likes

@jrkhnds That substance remixā€¦ will look out for it, sounds it could be mixed with some Klaus stuff.

@Muncey good shout on that Cessman tune, didnā€™t know it at all

20 quid! fckā€¦

Discogs?! Jesus Iā€™m sure I got it on chemical records in the discount section for like Ā£4 lol

2 Likes

wonder what ever happened to these 2

1 BigUp

Compa Alpha , thinking about getting this, reminds me goat stare or other classic dubstep, what do you think

Itā€™s a decent tune donā€™t get me wrong, but it definitely doesnā€™t hold up to tunes like goat stare. Either way the plates relatively cheap, can be fun to mix with and you might still be able to find new copies in online stores so yeah go for it

always bothered me how the ā€œreal dropā€ came in way weaker than the initial push.

and it justs sounds very unclean, but not in a good way. couldā€™ve done with less effects and a better mixdown imo. I still bought a copy, havenā€™t touched it in years though.

+1 on this, comes through with this heavy sub then the ā€œdropā€ feels kinda weak in comparison

Yeah. The mixdown just isnā€™t up to par.

Still makes for a cool blend with Thelem & T-Manā€™s Bring Me Down. But both are tunes bought and played because they fit in a 140 set; they arenā€™t good tunes in and of themselves - which unfortunately goes for a vast majority of post-'09 dubstep tunes.

That mixes well with everything 140 haha. Found Alpha mixes quite well with grime actually. I rate the Compa plate.