Underrated Tunes

I’d add Coki’s Demonator to the list. Not because I don’t think people rate it as a tune, but I never hear anyone playing it. I can’t keep my hands off it

someone loves their reverb a bit too much…

And the flip side Indian Girl.

Mehhhh Indian girl really doesn’t do it for me. I’ve deliberately drawn for it a few times in the mix in an effort to enjoy it more but it hasn’t happened :confused:

i was thinking about demonator the other day

this banged so hard but the record was so disappointing for me

my housemate had it and we played it like 3 times

context of a mix i guess, radio rip distortion always helps a tune like demonator too

each to their own i guess, same thing for me with gantz’s spry sinister track tbh.

Yeah that’s fair enough. Radio compression makes everything sound a bit different haha. I wish coki would release I Swear. Seems like a prime candidate for a tongue in cheek "unknown artist’ no sample clearance special on AWD

i’d do fucked up things for i swear seriously

1 BigUp

There needs to be another ‘I Swear’ drive on Facebook next time coki mentions AWD. We’ll catch his eye some day haha

also = titties

1 BigUp

Want the countdown tune as a flip or something as well for awd.

feel like kraken is p heavily underrated overall as a label. some gems in that back catalog

this one will push some air on a good system, properly engineered

and then this one, jesus, this thing on a system is actually intimidating

1 BigUp

Same sample as this underrated stomper

This tune is large.

2 Likes

haha i used to always blend truly dread out of eye of the demon in my early days as a dj.

The kraken is a personal fav of mine and I pull it at every chance i get, super cheesy but super satisfying. I’ve got the full kraken recordings discography on wax, so many bangers imo, except the newer tech house stuff that im not even sure hit wax.

1 BigUp

another heavily underrated label: Immerse

seen this tune set clubs off many times back in the day and no one ever knew the ID

another immerse banga, most people prob know this one tho

1 BigUp

Mix Goth-Trad Airbreaker out of Eye Of The Demon though :open_mouth:

that sounds a bit much tbh haha, i wasnt playing raves. Playing eye of the demon in itself is already a stretch on the vibes

edit: now that i think of it, airbreaker wasnt even out yet haha, was a different time

1 BigUp

I do like to mix out Distance - Tuning from Distance - Dark Crystal

1 BigUp

tbh i had to look up dark crystal, hadnt heard it in ages, bigg fucking tune. Is the pressing nice on that boka plate? I have a few of their plates that are just horribly mastered/pressed. Too much bass on alot of their plates, usually ended up turning up trim knob almost all the way and turning down the bass eq to get it working well with other tunes

My one sounds fine imo

As long as it doesn’t sound like dmz - cr7 chamber on the bass, it’s all good :ok_hand: