What DAW you using

yoo ur shitting me haha, garageband?

big up, extra hood

FL 12 workflow is less restricting in fl

Intrigued.

Iā€™m on Ableton Live 10.1 now.

Using Ableton 9.7 (because I bought it two years ago). What I really hate about it is that probably 2/3 of my projects using Max for Live devices do just become broken at some point and refuse to open (and this is a well known problem which they still couldnā€™t fix). I feel like if I need modulations which are impossible or just too hard to draw by hand my only option is to use Ableton just to send midi signals to Reaktor or VCV patches. I should have chosen Bitwig, which is really great at modulators and all sorts of tricky devices. Pirating it is not an option because it has very smart protection.

Ableton Live Suite 10 for creating music. Reaper for mastering it.

1 BigUp

Any particular reason? I got ableton lite with a keyboard I bought, used to use it a lot like 15 years ago(!) but not much recently

One of good things I know about Ableton 10 is its Drum Buss, itā€™s probably the most powerful and easy to use group drum compressor I ever saw. You can basically just record some random screeches on your table, send the whole sample to Drum Buss and get a cool clean sounding percussion loop. It can even remove background noise afair.

Drum Buss is pretty nice.

I like the variety of modules (effects and instruments) in the full version. I use Sampler a lot, itā€™s better than Simpler for complex sampling tasks.

you use a sampler for mastering?

He didnā€™t say that.

u r right

1 BigUp

Actually I use Reaper for mastering because itā€™s mor audio editing oriented than Live. Easier to work there with exported tracks. I render 32bit files in Ableton then I do the final touches with Reaper.

1 BigUp

What do you find easier to do mastering in Reaper?

I have never used Reaper but have never found a need to change DAWā€™s for mastering purposes.

I just tried it once just because of curiosity and looked like itā€™s more comfortable for working with audio files then Live. The music making part of Reaper is not good as Liveā€™s. So thatā€™s why use Live for synths and samplers midi stuff and Reaper for audio only editing.

A question to Ableton users: any tips how to play clip in clip view starting from the cursor? This was a problem for me from the very beginning of using Ableton and I still canā€™t find a solution. It just forces me doing everything longer than one bar in arrangement view completely. One way to overcome this issue is to drag triangle in top left corner, but itā€™s still too boring comparing with arrangement view, especially when composing melodies or something with a lot going on in a short segment of time.

Iā€™m finally upgrading my daw soon to the new version of reason
Currently rocking reason 5 still

2 Likes

nice! VST support

1 BigUp

Ableton 10 is the tits, thatā€™s all I wanted to say about that

1 BigUp