What DAW you using

Ableton supports dual-screen setups, no problem!
If you want plugins to stay up after you’ve opened them, simply turn off “auto hide plug-in windows” under the look and feel tab in settings.

But yeah I get what you’re saying about the interface and so forth. Ableton can be a bit uninspiring at times.

Sonar

I’m in love with Reaper actually, it’s pretty versatile

logic 9, sculpture is one of my favorite softsynths

i would cut off a finger if it meant i didnt have to switch daws right now

so fucking long and annoying

why do you have to switch?

Albleton live 9 and Pro tools

old logic doesnt work with 64 bit
or my new pc

it has this thing programmed in that shuts logic off when it uses more than 1 g of ram, which is absurd :nogunfinger:but id still prefer that old logic to all these newer daws ive tried…

anyone using presonus studio ?

yeah, I use studio one

beast of a DAW and from what i’ve seen, its pretty similar to logic, most people who switch to studio one seems to have come from logic.

also wtf this 1g ram limit, never seem anything like it

1 BigUp

yeah its odd but its a program from before gigs of ram was common so they just wrote that limit into the coding by mistake

its the 5,5 version for pc from 2001 :cornlol:

nice one though, i might pm you some time if thats ok (promise not to bother you)

1 BigUp

oh yeah thats pretty old

feel free to pm me no worries

1 BigUp

it took me like a day to learn reason

not sure its a full daw

but cheers anyway

i just got a new daw its really impressive

Renoise is my main DAW. Nothing else comes close for pattern-based, grid-based electronic music, it kind of sucks for recording stuff live though.

are you still running this?

garageband is pretty great to start with

yeah haha still on it

Need to change some time lol, shit takes fucking ages and gets so so so slow when you have a lot going on, which means resampling uncomfortably much sometimes etc

You’re ableton right?

2 Likes

Reaper.

was a bit of headfuck coming from GB at first to be honest, but i got used to it pretty quickly, and it’s great

(it was also GB 2.0 - i think you can do a lot more in more recent versions)