What record/etc. did you just buy?

Whaaaaat, pocosink is such a good pressing

1 BigUp

Good decision IMO

1 BigUp

DMZ023 (eyez VIP) also doesn’t have any artwork

I just bought Iron Soul - Moodswing EP, DNR Vinyl has had a few mint condition copies land in their store - act fast, cos it’s a really rare record!

nah, jungle kitchen, it might just need a better cleaning or something lol

oh shit lol dunno why I thought pocosink was the a side. but yeah it might just be you need to clean it or something cause that plate is weighty af lol

Lol nah, jungle kitchen :wink: might have to buy some cleaning fluid, just using an antistatic brush at the moment lol

Try to avoid using fluids!
Stick to the brush

Yo! Jkenzo om unit remixes went up on juno! Ruffhouse remix is levels

There’s something about Om’s production that just falls a tad flat most times, shame because he utilises some cool ideas

Only tune i’ve got of his that I think really punches is the Le Singe 10"

1 BigUp

I’m inclined to agree with you there, it’s not that those particular tunes are bad or anything but they’ve got more of a ‘dj tool’ quality to them, rather than something that can stand well on its own.

The man does know how to create some satisfying sounds though, it has to be said.

Thats an underrated entire plate right there brew

1 BigUp

Kromestar - mere sher VIP / Danny skrilla remix.
Sector 7 004
Double clapperz - say your prayers VIP / pied piper remix

Japanese grime duo there first release sounding sick. Ruff sqwad pied piper remix is sick.

1 BigUp

deffo a good decision,it’s getting played all summer :gunfinger:

Just bagged Innamind 16 & Yoyo Riddim. Feels good, man.

Will eventually get the new Oxossi EP when it hits redeye.

1 BigUp

Dubkasm - Transformed in Dub (repress)
just landed on my doorstep with Cut Dubplates not corners Tshirt & the Victory Dubkasm tshirt
Irie! Stoked!

why is fluid bad? ( I’m new to vinyl so i’m still learning haha)

Obviously if you have spilt say a drink on your record then yeah clean it with some vinyl cleaning fluid but if it is just dust buildup then only use the brush.
You start using liquids which mix with the bits where the brush struggles to reach then you just fill the grooves with gunk which is almost impossible to get off.
If you keep your wax as dry as possible then the brush will suffice.
Just got to watch out for greese from your fingers, 90% of my vinyl probably has greese fused with dust that just isn’t going to come off.
I’m still guilty of not handling my records correctly

Got a bunch of orders in this week

Silkie ft. Joss Ryan ‎– Don’t Play Games
Taiko , Le Lion ‎– Flummox EP
Kahn – Illy / Tehran
Kahn ‎– Like We Used To / Helter Skelter
Djrum vs. Struction ‎– Struktur
Sam Binga & Om Unit - Transpacific EP
TMSV - Hunter EP
Indigo - Storm EP
ASC - Binary System’
Mohlao - Neurowaves
Silent Harbour - Hinterland

Cooling the buying of records for now, gotta save up in order to buy a new PC next month

Don’t feel too bad, I was watching Karma live streaming the other week and the man was happily chomping away on a bag of takeaway chips while handling his dubplates. No fucks given whatsoever

5 Likes

Oh right, thank you for clearing that up! Appreciate it. Thats not that bad, at least you know to be more careful with any newer purchases :+1: