Where do you think dubstep is going?

no good arguing with me, take it up with him

around the 9 mins 40 seconds part.

argue with me about it as much as you want, I am just quoting from the man himself.

Moved on from playing strictly dubstep maybe

1 BigUp

you sure he wasnā€™t on about loefah, just speaking from his perspective. cause he was literally talking about loefah moving on before he said that

2 Likes

big deal
ā€™bout time Youngsta moved along
mustā€™ve bin brain-deadeningly boring playing only-dung sets
for the kids coming in to become retrospectively cool.

2 Likes

Pretty sure if you watch it, heā€™s talking about himself. Iā€™ve heard him play tunes slower than 140 and that horrible dnb tune by some guy called Danny I believe that was posted in the outlook thread.

Pretty sure no-one would ask Loefah to play dubstep because everyone knows heā€™s about his swamp set with a few dmz tunes here and there.

Swamp is dubstepā€¦

Is it really? Boddika and Joy Orbison are dubstep? Nah itā€™s just a mixed genre label catering to a particular sound.

People like you are the reason people like him stopped doing dubstep.

And whyā€™s that? Technically youā€™re also putting his music in a box, heā€™s never called his music dubstep. Think about it next time.

ā€œIā€™ve heard him play stuff lower than 140ā€ Is a good example.
And while thatā€™s true, there was a time when people didnā€™t feel like they had to actively rebel against dubstep.

Youngsta sometimes playing a different kind of set doesnā€™t mean heā€™s left dubstep you know. Also youngsta goes on about people doing research before coming in demanding dubstep. Eg loefah set at contact, guy recently gets into dubstep and knows about loefah and goes loefah plays swamp tunes, guys like wth this isnā€™t Goat Stare asks loefah to play dubstep. Thatā€™s just how I see it

Yeah well I donā€™t really listen to the youngsta mixes on rinse much if not at all anymore, as i donā€™t have lots of free time much, I pretty much only listen to nicey boy on sub.fm, so I donā€™t really know, Iā€™m just quoting what youngsta said.

Yeah but thatā€™s like 1 guy. 1 guy isnā€™t really sufficient evidence that everyone does that and I shouldā€™ve been more specific in that everyone that is really into the scene and is not just a casual dubstep scene fan, knows loefah only plays swamp with a few dmz tunes in there.

well it was just an example and tbf if I didnā€™t join dsf I wouldnā€™t have known loefah essentially left the scene. Iā€™m retarded though so that may not be the best example

I just used to ghost the old dsf forum

i dont even know how i found it, was pretty late into my ā€œdubstep listening timeā€ though

I always more into hospital records when I first started listening. Older brother introduced me to the scene.

There was a time when dubstep was not the bitch of a mere BPM.

140 = tyranny. :skull:

Blame ImageLine.

1 BigUp

interestingly, i installed the demo for FL12 recently and the default BPM on a new project is nowā€¦ 130

IL on that keysound tip and all

imageline basically founded 130, blackdown forgot to change the bpm one day cause he couldnt be fucked

3 Likes