Your favorite mixdowns

The highest its been sold for is ÂŁ45 :cornlol:

same over here, except i forgot to listen to that dj sports guy ¨

its all fluff, ironically distanced or hardware but no tunes fetisch fuckheads

1 BigUp

yeah I think Central and DJ Sports have tunes with 0 ironic distance - their tunes sound scando in a good way tho. A certain lightness but in a good way. Like someone dreaming about jungle, not joking about it.

this one from u lot sounds better than 99% of jungle throwback tunes, this is the full deal imo, beautiful.

ideally for making dance music you should believe that MDMA and weed literally makes u ascend and talk to interdimensional god aliens, or that chopping up breaks = fighting the revolution. This tune sounds like it was made with that attitude. Exactly what I want but seldom see from norway.

Just now I got curious and googled an interview with fett burger, and tbh he seems very cool and said this about norway which I identify v strongly with even if it sounds like a very obvious sentiment to the non scandinavians here

Kygo is the most popular in Norway. He makes something called tropical house, it is soft EDM. He is the Avicii of Norway. He is possible the biggest thing since Aha. He is like a slick football player who makes music. It’s all commercial, very clean and professional looking. He can play piano, so he uses a lot of chord progression in his music and makes music with people like Selena Gomez and Coldplay. He remixed Marvin Gaye - “Sexual Healing”. (I prefer the original). It’s all very flat, and has not much depth in terms of sound or attitude. It’s just very mainstream and functional as a business. He does not have the same level of musical talent as Avicii, and also lacks the darkness and intensity Avicii had. So it’s a very straight Avicii, without drugs, depression and insanity.
So Kygo becomes very slick, functional and professional, and it’s a perfect artist for selling commercial products and use in ads. For some reason that seems to be the thing a lot of young people like. No friction, no attitude or any confrontational mindset towards the status quo. Punk is definitely dead in Norway. Then again, it’s amazing that the opportunity is there for people to make it this big, and I’m glad on behalf of Kygo that he has achieved all this success, because it’s actually pretty amazing to reach that far. Even if it’s not my cup of tea.

It really took me living in the UK for a bit to realize how enthusiastically, actively people like to conform in norway. Like the whole idea of being a drug taking raver or committed member of any kind of subculture is viewed as embarassing and gauche where I’m from, to a degree I dont think english ppl can understand lol. Its interesting that fett burger is so articulate about this cus to me certain sex tags 80s disco synth jam stuff is also pretty soft and smooth. Not exactly hoods up or pillhead raving vibes.

2 Likes

uhhh

bro compared to Kygo trust me

^this is a GASH tune obviously that Ive largely hated hearing played to death in norway but at least its got that sour little synth riff chorus, an element of smth driving and not completely bloodless. You can theoretically picture Avicii vibrating off his 9th pill that morning, knocking over shot glasses in his hotel room as hes making that. It’s definitely overall a trash tune, but its got that electro house bite at least.

^this is genuinely way way way worse. Nobody who contributed to this ever even had a boner I think.

im telling u norway is babylon basically

That first tune used to get played loads in subway when I used to work there at uni, funnily enough not one of the worst tunes played. And yeah that second one is gash, sounds like something that would get played at the shittiest student nights

1 BigUp

i think i gotta start a label and night here lol see ya

show norway how a real head does it

Harkat if you ever go back to Glasgow you should check out 12th Isle, pretty sure they do nights over there but can’t find anything on internet, weird label, sick artwork aswell

1 BigUp

Think this is mixed nice

Accidently left my iphone in mono for ages and suddenly realised while playing this tune, switched it to stereo and it was pure bliss

Damn this too

and this

Actually got that mobb deep one instrumental on wax but it isn’t exactly the same and missing good parts of the tune

its weird music is so soft in scandinavia (except for anti christian music in norway)
when film and tv from denmark, swedish social realism like bergman etc, novel writers and a lot of painters from scandinavia are sooo bleak

the finns have had some odd original music but they just love camp goth shit too much

1 BigUp

Some Finnish rappers like DJ Kridlokk go hard tho.

1 BigUp

perfectly finnish to be a rapper and call youselves DJ

i will check him out

1 BigUp

What is a mixdown? as opposed to a mix?

yup

When talking about producing music they’re kind of interchangeable tbh.
It just refers to how you put mix all the elements in your track together to make it all sound good.

a mix is during the process of producing, how the volume levels are set up and how sounds are coloured with EQ, and placed into a physical space with reverb and panning

a mixdown is the final product

2 Likes

ta

1 BigUp