Your favorite mixdowns

He’s a really chill dude too. He came over with an amiga and played out of that. I think maybe he dats his breaks in the studio (or maybe thats just how they are best stored since the 90s) but he definitely has beats on floppy disk when he plays out, because he took one out and changed the break and was worried hed lost one until we found it again back stage. I guess its maybe a set up worked out from when jungle was more a thing every weekend at squats.

Definitely has a specific way of craft to his drum sound.
I prefer source directs sound and teebees drums though hehe. But a great deep producer that does get his drums right which is a PROBLEM today.

Okay so you know that thing of turning percussive sound into ‘clangs’, like fucking with the tail of a drum sound for example going into a plate verb - then using wave table distortion on top of that, like gradually automating it like you would a bitcrush or something like that, can lead some unique results

often overlooked as an effect imo

you probabloy know, it just popped out of my mind now :blush:

idk if i would call this a favourite, but i like this mixdown, pretty big and in your face, but each element seems to have its place and stand on it’s own.

mad weight too

I like this mix

it shows