Algorithmic Music

I’ve been busy doing a complete rebuild of my generative music system. It is much improved…

loaded it up with some drum synths and acidy synths and did a quick jam.

no edits or post processing

3 Likes

Whoa - that sounds really structured for something generative. How’s the arrangement happening?

Most of it is automated, using probability on two long count beat dividers from the clock, then I use a AND logic block to derive interesting gate patterns at a large scale macro level for gating the trigs before they reach the instruments. I did manually mute a few things (kick, bass, drum Bus) for some more defined structure. I’ve built a few automated kill switches and loopers for various sections of the sequencer as well. One of the key breakthroughs of the new design is a timer module I made which only spits out gates or pulse trains if it hasn’t received a trigger for x beats. I have 4 at the moment and keep seeing reasons to add more. They are super useful.

1 BigUp

4 Likes

:smashedlol:

1 BigUp

Working on some algorithmic music at the moment.

In the mean time, here’s a cool video.

1 BigUp

finally got my Reaktor box running at 44k!

2 Likes

1 BigUp

1 BigUp

new sequencer module added to my system, doing great things for drums

1 BigUp

felt like adding a bass part for the last one

2 Likes

I played a set of this stuff last night with live modular. Went pretty well. Here’s one of the new ones I played

2 Likes

That set last night was DOPE btw. Glad I made it out.

2 Likes

Thanks for coming out! It was a really fun night.

1 BigUp

1 BigUp

As soon as that tone hit at 3 seconds I knew I was going to love this.
Fucking outstanding track.

@knobgoblin - is it doing that thing where the bass ducks out when the kick hits, or am I hearing things?
Whatever is going on it sounds cool, it feels like my brain is pulsing in my headphones.

1 BigUp

yeah, a few things duck with the kick, thanks for listening!

new sequencer modules in action

2 Likes