DIY Gear Thread

just get a piezo mic, much cheaper and its the same thing

yeah, its got the clip as its meant to clip to guitars etc for tuning i think, but works just as any standard contact mic

Yeah I mean I would just like to buy it and not hassle with trying out a lot of different piezos

Wow, that’s pretty impressive. I’ve a bunch of ideas, just no coding experience. Fpga’s really seem like the future of digital audio hardware.

Yeah, there’s a lot of possibility here: as for the coding thing, that’ll likely live or die based on the strength of its user community. The more people share the better everybody gets.

Me and a friend want to make a simple synth out of spare electronics. Does anybody have a link to like a tutorial on basic synth building?

It doesn’t look easy but this article seems pretty informative

Thanks, that’s a nice article.

First time it’s probably easiest to buy a kit that you just put together yourself innit. You can save money by finding schematics online and buying your own parts but the circuit board and casing look the most difficult to me

Korg Monotron

3 Likes

That costs a lot of dough for me…

Though my friend has experience with soldering and electronics and repairing etc. So going hard on it might be easier, but idk until I try it.

EDIT: making the casing shouldn’t be hard, you can make it out of wood and paint it with oil based paint so it will last a while.

1 BigUp

Oh right should be all good then! Post the results please :corndance:

3 Likes

This looks like a nice project… take an old keyboard and add filters…

Are you still in China? You must travel to the ancient city of Shenzhen to their electronics markets. If you speak Cantonese you may or may not get a discount.

1 BigUp

It is not ancient, it’s rather new. The city got founded about some 20 years ago.

I wish I still lived there, I moved from Shenzhen to Guilin. That market is the bomb.

I know, I just like to say that. I once got a package from the ancient city of Shenzhen.

Do they speak Cantonese in Guilin?

Nope