DMZ Records

if anyone’s interested in any of those plates at reckless let me know. It’s literally over the road from my work and I can go in there when they open tomorrow. I’ve got most of them already so not really interested, but I could help a ninja out if needed - obv if anyone wants one you’d have to paypal me the $$$ first, but I won’t do a runner lol, just tryna help a ninja out :onethumb:

If you can find Quest - Stand/Eden, buy it for me please!

Coki is releasing celestial dub (horns) with trixx this friday.

it’s not in the pics on their instagram but i’ll have a look

DMZ should of stopped after 2010 and be a lost legendary label.
029 and 030 should of been released WAY earlier.
The wait for DMZ015 to come was ridiculous, i know they were all busy but it ruined it for me.
The LPs were only released like that because they had neglected the label for 2 years.
Both the LPs should of been released as planned with the singles like the rest of the releases prior.
Was fully expecting Eyez to be pink colour lol.
014 was a waste too, ffs was same colour as 013 so for me they really had a 3 year break.

The right tunes were on both LPs but should of been released how they were meant to and earlier.
014 should of been Loefah imo.
All Coki releases after Urban Ethics should not be on the label imo very weak.

All IMO

4 Likes

The two Coki EPs should have been released on his dgit label

1 BigUp

At least with Urban Ethics, most of those tunes have a lot of history with the DMZ dances so it’s right they came out on the label I think. Ffs Robotnik used to melt me. Still get shivers.

1 BigUp

Still surprising loefah only released 2 singles on dmz though

1 BigUp

Yeah Urban Ethics had all the right tracks just should of been released indivually and earlier

this is a nice reminder of the old DSF, strong post.

2 Likes

I do like coki’s revolution for whatever reason. But seems more fitting for dgit.

1 BigUp

still waiting on that Loefah cassette

it was betamax

So they have them up on the wall now in reckless…

DMZ003 - £85
DMZ006 - £120
DMZ007 - £150
DMZ009 - £85
DMZ010 - £55
DMZ011 - £75
BAM004 - £80
Medi01 - £130

…and other various medis, all a bit overpriced imo and some even higher than discogs prices

Suppose they have to mark up to make a profit, do wonder what they bought them for though.

yeah i wonder what they paid, must have been a bulk buy off one seller i guess, just thought after copping kalawanji for 65 quid yesterday they might be a bit more competitive, but for example bury da bwoy is 75 quid in there and there’s 2 on scogs for like 50 quid - one of them is mint

You will probably have to wait until at least 2025 for that

The biggest criminality was Midnight not being released on DMZ.

4 Likes

DMZ013 was spongebob though, how was that a waste?

1 BigUp

Whoops meant 014