DMZ Records

:disappointed_relieved: <3 road rage

3 Likes

Never liked either side tbh

triple six is a total percy for me, one of the most underrated dmz tracks

3 Likes

We all have big tunes that most people like that we may dislike. For instance lots of people hate anti war dub when I and many others like it. For me, Iā€™m not a huge fan of cokiā€™s all of a sudden.

1 BigUp

Yeah Triple 6 aint as bad as road rage.
Same vocals as I Swear, would of been much better imo

That should have been released on awd by now tbh

Naaaah triple 6 / road rage are fucking bangers. Not Cokiā€™s best, but certainly a lot better than many of the tracks on the DGIT EPs. Also with the colours, Spongebob is sliiiightly darker so theyā€™re not exactly the same. Itā€™s more of a very light grey and triple 6 is plain white

1 BigUp

Seems fairly cheap if anyoneā€™s looking

Fuck, would be straight on that if I wasnā€™t strapped for cash

Youā€™re not alone. I find all of a sudden realllly boring.

1 BigUp

some of cokiā€™s best tunes came out on other labels. at least a few of these could have that #legendaryDMZstatus (and the discogs prices to go with it of course) if they were on DMZ

earth a run red
red eye
goblin
shattered/tortured
mad head
weh dem a do/badman place (though i guess these couldnā€™tā€™ve come out on dmz due to being remixes)

1 BigUp

I think hidden treasure is such an underlooked coki tune

1 BigUp

I feel like people overlook stuck in comparison to neverland

2 Likes

My Mrs left her phone on the side on purpose so I would see it open with engagement rings on.

I left my phone on the side open with DMZ002.

Would be nice for them to do a final release with 1/2 from each producer but Iā€™m not too fussed all 3 of their back catalogue is enough to enjoy and its still nice to hear tunes like Jah Power Dub out and it not being released.

Iā€™d be happy if they distributed their dubs a bit more to have more opportunity to hear them out. Most of Malas are with Joe Nice, Loefahs with Yunx/Chef and Coki with Chef.

I mean how often does Joe Nice play out the Babyfather remix or 10 dread commandments VIP? Near on impossible to hear them. Do enjoy listening to babyfather remix ft. joe nice singing

4 Likes

Loooool

Lol those reckless pricesā€¦

Remember quibbling over Kalawanji for Ā£45 in DNR on here a few years agoā€¦

& 003 for Ā£35 I left

I feels this is the logical conclusion of the scene being a bit stagnant atm. Short term nostalgia prevails whilst there arenā€™t a huge glut of nights/tunes being put out ppl can immerse themselves in.

Encouraged by the Kind of second wave fans into your Bandulus/white label unknown artist 10"s/Hotlines for instance also drying up a bit, younger twenty somethingā€™s with some disposable income - now looking to the classiques to keep the tru hed feeling ticking over - easy to accidentally push up the pricesā€¦ Encouraged further by 4thewax, ID of music, ITT Facebook groups. Increases perceived accessibility & widens reach of 20 second clips of bangers.

Seems like even 2 years ago a cheapy of each DMZ/medi would come through tā€™internet every 2/3 months

Fair play tbh as you canā€™t knock any of the releases quality wise. Just mad to see the inflation & timeframe.

Weirdly early Tempas seem less affected by the price hike - anyone know why? More releases? More pressed? Less fetishised heads of the label/icons? Wonkier tunes?

Still need to get me a Dub War - Generation

1 BigUp

DMZ was the perfect brand. Highly personalised, radical, obscure to the uninitiated. Tempa in comparison was the third label alongside Shelflife and ā€¦ forgot the other one, run by Ammunition / Sarah, who werenā€™t as visible.

Also tempa.pressed a shit load more of everything plus DMZ is THE dubstep label comparative to anyother

thatā€™s one of my favourites as well!

Iā€™m starting to wonder if we have reached peak prices for old vinyl, or if the prices will keep increasing. If you think the prices people are paying for old dubstep records are getting a bit silly, imo itā€™s even worse for jungle.

Ultimately I think vinyl is going to die out as a DJing format if the retail prices for brand new records keep increasing in the way they have done over the last 5-6 years. Itā€™s a niche thing anyway (itā€™s rare that any record gets pressed in numbers greater than 1000) and I think a lot of the guys buy the records more to collect rather than using them to mix. I think digital will take over completely save for guys playing strictly older stuff (i.e. existing records or genres that have seen their best days already).

Iā€™m pretty tempted to sell my old DMZs (I have all of them except 001, 002 and 007) as I have made decent vinyl rips of all the tunes. Got to admit most of the time I play off of USB now rather than dig out my old records, itā€™s a lot more convenient. But might hold onto them for a bit longer still