DMZ Records

yeah, it’s crazy, to think i started buying vinyl relatively late (2012) and in that time it went from 5-6 to 10 pounds for a 12"…

also sell me the DMZs

Yeah prices are probably the biggest thing stopping me from buying a lot of new releases, it’s harder to justify £10 for a single sided release or a couple ok tunes compared to when I could pay 6-7 a few years ago

1 BigUp

I think the discogs fuckery has also probably contributed…like people see kalawanji for 500 quid on there and then feel justified for putting theirs up for 100…plus the fact that people will actually pay these silly prices

1 BigUp

This so much, when it’s a couple old DMZs going for 50+ I can kind of see why it’d go for that much even if it can get excessive. But at this point even tunes available digitally can now go for stupid prices. I’m pretty much forced to buy certain releases at this point because you can guarantee if you miss initial release you will probably end up paying £30+ for it after a month or two

i miss big apple records

There’s a lot to be said for posting WTBs in fb groups like 4thewax, prices are still kept pretty sensible on there…i let a lean fwd go for 40 and got ancient memories for 40 recently

Yeah it’s not everywhere, I managed to get lean forward for 40 myself a few months back myself. But it’s still a pisstake a lot of the time

Ancient Memories is the best DMZ

2 Likes

cant believe i left burnin and weh dem a do off my list

wish i could remember the really really nice blend i had with this

edit: iphone notes :pray:

ramadanman - offal > hidden treasure > quest - stand

2 Likes

what list do ya mean?

my top 5 contenders

After all this chat

Bought Officer/Mood Dub today

Oh well at least that’s one you could play to your nan/at a house party and it would go down alright

1 BigUp

That and Left Leg Out were the same price.

Did I make the right decision?

You did.

What?! Blue Notez is better than all 3 other tracks combined

1 BigUp

way more fun to mix too…

1 BigUp

officer is better in my opinion

Mood Dub is better than Officer imo, it sounds far better on a system

1 BigUp

Well I would say mood dub, officer and blue notez are better than left leg out, but don’t dislike any of the tunes in question, all good tunes.

1 BigUp