Introduce Yourself!

One more thing…

Something that is really important to me is recording in 20-bit.

What will this^ require? A certain sound card?

Also, how do certain sound cards effect production? How important are they for the sound of a song?

Thanks! :jointbounce:

~Nate

20bit?
Do u mean 24bit?

Idk

think you mean 24bit.
that’s mostly for having extra dynamic range for further processing. You do need a sound card capable of that if you’re going to record vocals/external instruments.

Re: Sound cards - They do not affect the sound of the track itself, as the processing is done within the DAW, what they do is that they provide you with inputs (for recording) and outputs (for plugging your headphones/monitors in) that are usually higher quality than the inbuilt interface.

edit: try asking here if you need more info :slight_smile:

I aspire to be always new here
otherwise I should fuck off
and leave you with boring old shit.

From what I know there’s

16bit - Jewel Cases
20bit- Japanese Mini LPs
24bit- DVD Audio

I would like to know how people produce their Dubstep onto 20bit+ quality CDs.

Does anyone know? :shrug:

Use 16bit it’s fine

Yea, but the CDs sound like :poop:

They really dont.
But depth isn’t what makes thing sound audibly bad it’s just how much dynamic range u get.

Have you every heard 16bit played then the same CD played in 20bit? :confused_og:

I used to work in a studio I’ve heard a 32bit 192k recording. I have to say the point of diminishing returns is much lower than I would think on most listening systems below the high end price point.

Unless u have very nice monitors in a well treated room it’s p hard to hear the difference

The quality increase was almost certainly from the sampling Freq not the bit depth

Hey I’m Genesis. I came here to promote my youtube channel which is going to be focusing on dubstep and music, and I was hoping that I could find people here willing to check it out.

Hey everyone! My name is Teo, i am from Greece, and i produce music under the alias “Aevin”.

I have recently released by second album via the german label Raumklang Music, took part in a few compilations, like “Touched 3”, generally trying to stay active and creative.
Pretty exciting to be part of the dsf… so nice to meet y’all :slight_smile: cheers!

Nothing

1 BigUp

Stop calling urself simple

But yea u were on the old board right?

Nothing

Just take everything u read with a huge pinch of salt or ignore every one hahaha.

Either way glad u came back

Nothing

Nothing

1 BigUp