Monitors for mixing (not production)

Is Ableton pretty much the only decent alternative to Logic?
I heard Fruitly Loops is coming to Macs at sone point?

Iā€™ve been on FL, Reason and now for the last 2 years or something on Logic that is awesome. I didnā€™t like Ableton, but that was just more about how it looks like and not the actual DAW itself. Reaper seemed too thin 3 years ago.

If you want a decent alternative, thereā€™s Cubase, which many ā€œlong-term-gotta-try-every-piece-of-audio-equipment-in-the-world-first-and-then-pick-the-bestā€ type of musicians like Noisia and Rob Swire use.

Thing costs like over 500 bucks however. I havenā€™t tried it because I know I couldnā€™t buy it atm even if I would end up liking it.

reason is best for real

dont listen to the h8rs they probs use ableton

1 BigUp

iā€™d suggest giving reaper a try, workflow might not be for everyone, but the price of a legit license is considerably cheaper than any of the other major DAWā€™s

http://www.reaper.fm/

also the demo version doesnā€™t have any limitations aside from a ā€œYou have been evaluating REAPER for approximately 24513 days now, could you please buy a license?ā€ nag screen at launch

1 BigUp

My mateā€™s selling his pair of Tannoy Reveal 601a. Does anyone have any experience with this model?

Praise jah for redundancy monies :gunfinger: just as the old Mackieā€™s are starting to play up

the SOS review sounds like they could be nice for DJing
https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/tannoy-reveal-601a

i have Reveal 502a which are a newer design and a bit smaller, overally happy with them, though while the bass is solid, donā€™t expect them to go ultra-low.

Started a new job recently and am in the market for new studio monitors for mixing.

Looking at KRKā€™s currently and am wondering what modelā€™s are best as well as some other companies I should look at.

Would the Series 4 - 4ā€™ā€™ Model: # V4S4 be enough for my setup thatā€™s in a bedroom or overkill?

Iā€™m unsure if krks is a good shout. Mine died recently. Iā€™m gonna get some cheaper ones tho cos I got peng headphones

krkā€™s are pretty shit tbh, wots ur budget?

Nothing to high end. Could budget up to or around $1000 CAD for a pair.

Will look into something other then KRKā€™s.

Howā€™re Mackies?

Iā€™ve used the Mackie HR824s before, they were good - better than KRKs

KRK are fine for mixing. They are too boomy for production.

You deff wanna get some that reach them lowet frequencies.
Aim for somehinf that goes as low as Breakage - Rain imo

Beats by dre imo.

First question is always: what size room will the speakers be in? I could give you a few options for speakers on that budget.

Although the Canadian dollar isnā€™t half as strong as I thought it would be.
Maybe you can fix that @Boss_of_Capitalism?

Nah. I keep CAD down to boost exports to the US.

1 BigUp

Canadians all go shopping here anyways. At least in my area.