Outlook Festival 2015

link down?

ah they have probably shut it down haha

Going with couple of friends and me gyal

got tickets to the Converge boat, Anti-social, Toddla T aswell,

we should meet up

i remember buying tickets for Medi boat aswell but cant find it in my mail, any of you bought the boat party tickets in resale?

Well, I will be on this boat so I think thats as good as arranged haha

Work done, just getting my last bits packed then heading to my matesā€¦ up at 2:30am to travel to stanstedā€¦ looooong.

Ninjaz holaaa if youā€™re up for meeting up. Will no doubt see you out there Ryan but good luck with the boat party, hope its a sick wanā€¦ gutted it clashed with Zed B boat. Even taking my Converge T and wonā€™t be able to rock it on the boat :unamused:

Yeah Iā€™m there but I donā€™t wanna meet any of you cunce.

jk I hate you for being there when Iā€™m stuck here. Enjoy it lads!

1 BigUp

Just came back from my first Dimensions. Vibes was chilling and everyone around camp was sound who I met. Anyone want to know anything about the campsite, taxiā€™s or sec to and from airport give me a shout.

Boat party looked sick, pissed i couldnā€™t make it. :frowning:

Hyped for the next converge party doeeee

Went to the Hessle Audio boat party and half way through the sesh some man came out in a gimp suit. Turns out someone was on their stag! The best man had hidden the outfit and he was forced to wear it, hahaha! Moment.

outlook live stream, yunx playing with sp:m rn. playing some cool shit.

http://www.dailymotion.com/outlookfestival

whatever that tune before this benga one is was so sick. eerie 2005 vibessssss

1 BigUp

Fuck u lot camp next time so you donā€™t have wifi - @Muncey @Johnlenham

1 BigUp

Haha Iā€™m getting a place with a pool next time not going backwards! Tho I didnā€™t think our place came with WiFi so bombing fb all week with clips has been funny.

No laptop so I cant work out how to link kaiju and @jack_sparrow1 vids

had a villa with pool last year. best come-down ever.

Hahahahahahahaha

no mate

4 Likes

Hahahaha fucking no mate indeed.

Why is my Gordon gonna be home?

Finally home, really really good festivalā€¦ heres my long arse report of my waaaaaaay overdue first time at Outlook.

Tuesday we had to wake up at 2am to get to Stansted for our 6am flight. We checked our stuff in and managed to get in with an hour spare, enough time for a bit of breakfast and 3 pints. Then on the flight, more beers and couple bacardi and cokes. Got to Pula around midday their time, straight to the apartment and got changed then down to the pool bar for more drinks. Where we stayed was pretty big and split into sections so you could go for a walk, have a pint, wander to somewhere else, have a pint ect. Ended up down at the beach bar and pretty steaming decided to ask if there was any bars we could get a taxi toā€¦ they said itā€™d be dead, we thought dead might be a little busy but nope, got to a decent looking bar and it was just us. Had some more drinks then went home.

Wednesday felt a bit crusty but still in good spirits. Decided to get some food, beers and head over to Outlook to pick up our wristbands and just generally check the place out. Getting a bus was a royal pain in the arse so glad we got that out the way, did the rest of the festival in taxis which ended up being Ā£40 a day (there and back) split between two. Wasnā€™t too expensive but Ā£20 a day each on taxis added up. Didnā€™t realise how busy it would be, thought itā€™d be mostly people setting up tents or people picking up wristbands so we had a wander, listened to some DJs ect. At this point we were steaming, mate fancied going home because we had a boat party at midday the next day; seeing how busy it was I wanted to make the most of it and stay. As always, I got my wayā€¦ and it was, as always, a bad decision. Many, many double shots of tequila with those worms in which ended up being Ā£8.50 EACH! Donā€™t remember a whole lot else but my mate seemed to bump his head and throw up everywhere on the way home.

First lesson learned: donā€™t go in full steam gunz a blazinā€™ on the first two days before the festival even starts.

The next day we were tenderā€¦ up at 7, tried forcing the drink down, I had to move onto Mojitos just to get through the roughnessā€¦ Got to the boat party for about half 11 and we were feeling a bit better. Zed Bias, Klose One and VERY SPECIAL GUEST!! We was hoping Loefah. Turns out I donā€™t even know who the guest was and Zed Bias didnā€™t turn up. Was mostly techno played and at midday on a boat I wasnā€™t feeling it tbh, it was good but 3 hours stuck in the same place listening to b8 technoā€¦ meh. Group of lads on there had t-shirts made that said ā€œWe was at Zed Bias last ever DJ setā€ which I thought was funny, doubly funny when he didnā€™t bother to turn up. After that got off, saw Ryan briefly, went and got food. Felt fine until we got to the beach bit and both of us absolutely crumbled. Whether it was the boat party, the night before, forcing drinks down at a shit attempt to not feel dreadful, dehydration or a combination of all of them but we ended up in a very sorry state. Took us nearly 3 hours to get ourselves out of the rut but didā€¦ just in time for the music! Hatcha old school garage set on the beach was just early garage, grime and dubstepā€¦ with drum and bass towards the end. Pretty good tbf.

Later was pretty much just Medi. Kaiju played the first 2 although it seemed to feel more like 8 hours, weā€™d been at Outlook a fair while now, been drinking even longer and been up since 7am so we was a little deflated. Picked up when Compa stepped upā€¦ although he played a fair few tunes which wereā€¦ predictableā€¦ he made the most of it. Poison Dart wheeled up then double dropped (possibly with Chest Boxing I canā€™t really remember). Overall I think Compas mixing was the best I saw all weekend, really went for it. Commodo up next, set of the night easilyā€¦ Lightz remix, Dizzee vocal of Shift, Free Focus Remix, Champion tune (cant remember but think he played it in a mix as well, its great), Faze Burciaga and he played Hyperreal 2nd tuneā€¦ one of my favourites which he said he didnā€™t like so gave away for free so was a little surprised he played it! We went bar at the top and watched Gantz from there as our legs were lagging. After failing to find much energy to carry on we decided to call it a day at the start of Malas set (which I didnā€™t really rate the start of, was similar vibe to Kaiju). No Sinker in sight thus far (spoiler: didnā€™t hear it once)

Lesson two: donā€™t get a boat party at midday, or at least go home and rest. Powering through and failing made me miss Kahns set as well as the rest of Malas. I think over 16 hours inside Outlook is a tad too much.

Friday, legs were feeling it nowā€¦ Had some mean bites round one ankle and my other leg was swollen and bruised from where Iā€™d dropped a 50kg box on it the day before. So around both ankles were swollen. Add to that a cumulative hangover I wasnā€™t in the best shape. No worries, DMZ 10! By this point me and my mate were struggling to get drunk at all and I think around 10/11 we gave up and went to water. Pinch & Distance up firstā€¦ Distance pulled out some corkers, Pinch I wasnā€™t feeling as much but still smashed it imoā€¦ he has some serious Riko Dan dubs. Crowd was either non-existent or may as well have been. Pinch dropped Slippinā€™ VIP and I went wild, until I quickly realised not a single person in sight was even nodding their head. No appreciation whatsoever. After that was Kode9ā€¦ footwork basically, was funny seeing a circle appear and people try and dance. It was really obvious who were the yanks and who were the britsā€¦ brits just jumping around with their tops offā€¦ yanks really trying very hard and occasionally looking worse than the brits. There were some other guys who clearly practice their dancing and it was like weird robotics, like something you see on BGT from some dance group dancing to brostep. Then there was one guy flinging himself about like Louie Spenceā€¦ was ridiculous. Itā€™d have been more acceptable if he was obviously off his nut on acid but he wasnā€™t, just a really attention seeking goon that required a huge amount of space to look as much of a fairy as possible. But Kodes set was good anyway. Dropped Poison Dart, like the 4th time Iā€™d heard it at this point, but mixed it with something that sounded great so let him off. Up next Quest & Silkieā€¦ Silkie mostly played album material which I enjoyed, Quested played a bunch of Coki (Spongebob, Square Off, All of a Sudden), Eyez VIP, Mere Sher, loads of Commodoā€¦ basically everything Iā€™d already heard or was about to hear nextā€¦ Quests mixing was on point though, Silkies mad dancing moves were on point as wellā€¦ so it was enjoyable but the tracklisting was just a load of stuff Iā€™d heard loads already (and it was only the 2nd day) plus some Silkie album material. With that, the dons up nextā€¦ Mala b2b Coki b2b Loefah. Left 20 minutes in. Iā€™m seriously done with the Digital Mystikz vs Loefah sets. Coki doesnā€™t mix, which is just common knowledge to anybody whos seen himā€¦ we expect that, but he didnā€™t even fade out or wheel it and drop the next tuneā€¦ it was stop one song, play the next. Loefah played one of the billion Pulse tunes before and Coki let the tune ride out, was like 5 minutesā€¦ Iā€™m sick of hearing Pulse anyway (again, heard it like 4 times already by Friday) but to let the whole tune ride out then press play on the next one. Nah ta. Loefah playing his remix of Jah War, Mala again playing some reggae influenced stuff which I felt was a bit flat and energylessā€¦ absolutely no flow to the set. Was really disappointing even though I knew what to expect from their setā€¦ coming in with fairly average standards and leaving after 20 minutes says it all. So went for a wander for about an hour checking random bits of other sets then went for an early one.

Lesson 3: have an early one, its okay to.

Best thing I did all week. We got in about 3ish still but didnā€™t need to be up the next day, Ishan Sound at 8pm that was it. So we took it easy and it paid off an absolute treat. Saturday was the best day by a mile. Started with Ishan that kept blowing the speakerā€¦ MC Kahn pon de mic shouting ā€œFuck David Cameron, Fuck The Toriesā€ and Ishan shouting ā€œOi Donald Trump, suck ya bloodclart muddaā€ā€¦ not to mention the murderous tunes. I know some people get put off when people get all political in music but it was funny, really didnā€™t distract from the music either which was great. Some mad Rider dubs got played. Set of the festival for me. Then we shot over to Levelz, Manchesters finest. They were all absolutely wasted and this was the first set of the night still at this pointā€¦ absolutely smashed it 100%. Rich Reason dropped Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday >>>>>>>>>> Drinks flew. Stage erupted. Also some Commodo bits inc. the Lightz tune which was nice to hear every though Iā€™d heard loads of the same Commodo bits cause it was just a different energy with all the Levelz MCs going nuts to it. Next up was Dubkasm who Iā€™ve never really seen properly before, not a full set. Was very, very goodā€¦ the live sax from Digi, Solo Banton on mic, THE DUBKASM MIX OF DREADā€¦ and Stryda giving some inspirational talks about positive vibes and the refugee situation. Again, understand if people cringe to fuck at thisā€¦ but I think its cool, it wasnā€™t relentless preaching anywayā€¦ thatā€™d get boring quite quickly. Next was Oneman, or suppose to beā€¦ ended up being Spooky followed by Oneman. Donā€™t really need to say much, they smashed it as youā€™d expect. Consistent DJs and although Iā€™m not a big fan of some of Spookys productions and I donā€™t really enjoy him on radio shows cause he shouts too much and just wheels everythingā€¦ that night he seemed totally in his element. Oneman also played his mash up of that Wiley Vocal and RL Grimeā€¦ thunderous tune. Eastern Jam also still smashes it. Finally Loefah finished the day (night) off with a Jungle set in the moat. Bit dead, people obviously lagging, lights a bit too full on in the moatā€¦ but yeah good set to end on. 10/10 day.

Last day, got in around 7:30-8 that morning and had to be up about midday to get ready to go to the Anti Social boat party which tbh after the DMZ 10 b2b, my legs in tatters (limped home night before) and just generally hungover and lethargic I wasnā€™t feeling too up for it. Got the tickets out, expecting it to say 3:45pm start as I was certain it wasā€¦ 1pm. Missed the fucker. Although I wasnā€™t fully up for it I was more annoyed at myself for making such a stupid mistake, a quick glance to double check the time is all it would have takenā€¦ so we went down and booked the Big Narstie/Barely Legal Just Jam boat party. I think the boat parties are a bit wank tbh, its a novelty and if youā€™re up for it greatā€¦ but none of the DJs played what Iā€™d imagine a boat party to be likeā€¦ they all played the same set theyā€™d play on land. Think Wolf said about Hodge played a Garage set on a boat, that was what I imagined. So yeah not sold on the boat party idea. So bit bored, very tiredā€¦ pretty, almost very, drunk I dropped a pill and got half a g of md. Fair to say that write me off for the rest of the night. In a desperate attempted to find some energy, Iā€™d just put the final nail in the coffin. 1-0 Outlook, touchĆ©.

Lesson 4; donā€™t, on the last day, as a last ditch chance at some energyā€¦ over do mandy.

And with that, Iā€™m ready for the double next year. Will hopefully be doing both festivalsā€¦ also gunna be taking loads more money, spent my initial budget in 2 days before the festival lol.

7 Likes

Haha yes Munce you drink loads mate

2 Likes

AS you can see I will be shortly following up this video with a Star Wars editing gig

2 Likes

Mumdance set in Moat on Tectonic night: started very very slow and anti-dencable. my friends left after trying for 15 minutes, but I stayed and it was the best decision ever. after a while I was just trapped in the (weightless) sound and enjoying one of the best sets I have ever heard. music felt like drug. (after a long time) I was hypnotised. Mumdance ended with some smashing grime hits just to give us even more pleasure and heavy dancing energy. I think it is a big shame that Outlook didnā€™t book more New Grime DJs. lots of Grime though.

BMB Spacekid on Beach on Sunday: nice trap set on beach by a russian DJ called Dimitri. heard a few more good trap DJs which was very nice.

Moodyman on Sunday on Clearing: perfect vibe to finish the festival. very slow and deep. enjoyed it a lot. he played some mad bassy tunes slowed down. the one I recognized was Elephant Dub by Mark Pritchard.