Production competition ideas thread

that the best you got?

what about a donk track to skat

If thatā€™s your thing, crack on :bluethumb:

wub stay vanilla

shit just remembered this jam

That drummer has so much groove, gotta find somethin to sample. I remember I used to listen to a lot of his stuff
Holy shit I canā€™t believe I forgot about this guy. He was a huge inspiration for me when I used to drum

These guys are the house band at the SF Jazz Center, which is right by my house. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Shit man the samples you could snatch

1 BigUp

They had Zakir Hussain there oh my god. That man is amazing

2 Likes

@_ronzloā€™s typical day out

4 Likes

Not gonna lie I lolā€™d

I have admittedly dreamt of owning a parabolic mic lol. Fuck you.

Especially when you consider the fact that weā€™ve also got the SF Taiko Dojo, a million gospel acts rehearsing in churches, street musicians (about half of whom are percussionists)ā€¦

Honestly you could walk around town for days and catch mad samples right out of the air.

1 BigUp

What about one where you can only use one get/synth/drum machine for the entire song.

1 BigUp

yup. Only a sampler :badteeth:

1 BigUp

Sort of like the VST comp on the old board? :thinking:

Would it be a standalone application orā€¦ ? Sort jibes with the Audiotool (browser DAW) idea floated beforeā€¦

I mean either would work. We could all use some free synth thatā€™s really crappy or whatever or we could all use one that we like

that online synth/algorithm/loop place that ronzlo linked a while ago was promising, could easily lead to collabing

I charge London ninjas:

https://community.dsf.ninja/t/funny-pictures-thread/151/5419?u=_ronzlo&source_topic_id=3078

Whatā€™s the deal with this?

Iā€™ve loved participating in these in the past, if no-one is down to be ā€œcontest starter/sample gathererā€ then I volunteer myself as tributeā€¦ or / and one of the judgesā€¦

Or if someone has already got some ideas and is setting this up as we speak then I shall be patient and see yā€™all in the ring :cowboy_hat_face:

Someone here won the last one and was supposed to up a new one (in b4 that was actually me :badteeth:) - @swerver? @Samuel_L_Damnson? @Tolsof? Anyone remember?

I think it was the last 100bpm fwiw. The last ā€œDSF##ā€ was 47 over a year ago innit? (damn!)

I didnā€™t win the last one I donā€™t think

I think I may have posted the samples in fact