Production Thoughts

@Paralytik There’s a “Generic PCM DAC” Chip that adds a single sample playback channel.

That’s probably not too bad for treating it like a simple daw. Add new chips per sample to play back, basically. A bit awkward, but interesting.

Also, fucking around with the sample playback type is amazing

1 BigUp

Chip does have a huge impact on playback, was just messing with it. Sick

1 BigUp

Dope, need to check this out too. I assume you can load several samples into uh, somewhere, and play it back in the same channel. Very common way to do it in trackers. That new Benn Jordan vid about Aphex Twin mentions linear drum programming in trackers.

2 Likes

Me and ronzlo’s tunes are up here

I’ll send you my furnace project file in a bit, I’d love to hear what you think of the post processing I did, compared to the furnace track.

Do you know if I need to send the sample wav files with the furnace project file, or is just the project file good?

1 BigUp

I’m not sure of how self-contain settings work in Furnace, maybe there’s a checkbox somewhere for that.

1 BigUp

When I first got Reaktor, I built a synth just because.

After that experience I realized that I’m a musician, not a synth builder.

I wanted to play the synths, not build them.

1 BigUp

i have these monitors lmao, no wonder his stuff sounds perfectly mixed

2 Likes

Anyone got some feedback loop tips and tricks?

As in making a feedback loop?

Without exaggerating, you can literally achieve any sound that you need for this with just delay and reverb.

If you set a delay to a super tight time, you get tones. You can use reverbs to create drums and pads out of a single click or pop.

I’d recommend trying this approach for the initial creative sound design pass, then double/quadruple/etc. the loop counts removing elements from all but one bar, then repeat this process at random intervals.

2 Likes

Yeah and just some ideas of what to do with one.

Noodle and record it? :person_shrugging:t2:

:ramen:

:heavy_plus_sign:

:record_button::arrow_forward:

:heavy_equals_sign:

:miyagi:

1 BigUp

Same as ronz, I’d jist set one up with different samples, hit record and have at it

Alright, I’ll just fuck around with it tomorrow

Gonna have a play with the dub samples from the comp coz I found a nice Reaper tute for FB loops

2 Likes

Love this idea! Make a track from one click. I.e create your own samples and manipulate them any way you like.

1 BigUp

I really wanna do a one sample comp. I got a space at the end of the year so could get one in but I got so many other ideas!!

3 Likes

Yeah I think I found that one. Not exactly sure what I’m looking for even lol. I just don’t see a lot of information about it, I guess? Idk, I just wanna dub out my dub techno track

I’ll fuck about tonight

If you crank up the saturation & feedback on some delay vsts you get some extreme (sort of) feedback loops

You can record from one track to another and then fuck with the knobs in real time while recording the output. I just did this using one of the dub samples.

The track with the dub sample plays, and the track below it records the output - then I just fucked with the delay and saturation dials. Save the output and drag it back into the project as it’s own sample.

Here’s how to record from one track to another

1 BigUp