Sample Spotting 2.0

It’s a think break, about as helpful as i can be, sorry

don’t mean “what did this tune sample?”

like, i feel like there’s a more recent tune that sampled it

i know, that break has been rinsed to death recently with all that 130 jungle stuff…
It sounds kinda familiar tho, u right

Tessela - Hackney Parrot is probably the most famous example of recent years

Also used in Pearson Sound - Deep Inside rmx etc

really talking more about the deep hau5 sounding melody (possibly in conjunction with the break)

like when i heard that tune, i instantly recognized the melody, but don’t think i’ve heard that particular tune before unless i just didn’t remember

sorta thinking something in the style of that mall grab tune with the grime sample. something like that…

theres so many old chestnuts in this track, loads of people have rinsed tf out of all of these samples, so no surprise it sounds like others tbh

this one sampled it tho…

i just got this off who sampled btw

v jersey club that break too

that’s so weird, when i heard it my first thought was that it was this track (alias of d1 btw)

but listened to it and it’s not it. same title as that track tho

that melody is basically every deep tech tune

this is the break http://www.whosampled.com/Lyn-Collins/Think-(About-It)/sampled/

yeah familiar with the break, i can feel it though there’s a tune out there (might not even be deep haus either, my gut tells me it’s like early 90s bbhc or “modern” techno/130) with that melody (not just the same notes, but sampled, like that mall grab tune) and i think it may have sampled the break as well but not as sure about that part

i wanna find this tuneeee hahah

Amit - Daaku about 3mins odd in. Also other bits.

2 Likes

first few seconds of each

Anyone know what the dubstep tune is that samples the film Blow? ‘cocain gentlemen, disco shit, pure as the driven snow’ ‘i snorted 10 grams in 10 min once’

First tune in the Lightbox Live 005 CTRL SOUND takeover video >>

im not sure but i think this

is from

1 BigUp

just had this the other day haha

Burial - Etched Headplate

2 Likes

Intro to this banger

n-type - tolerance samples that

The sample on Headland - Witness at 1:50,

Recognise it so bad, off some video game or 90’s Hip-hop? Wu-Tang?

Probably an obvious one but Babylon is full of well known samples