Shackleton Appreciation

Looks like it’s in room 1 and the system there has been upgraded recently apparently

working now man

Yeah already purchased!

1 BigUp

legend big up !

1 BigUp

Ooh. Will have a look at transport n hostel type thing this weekend

1 BigUp

Nah that wasn’t me man. I forgot to post it here, but Ben did respond to me…

hi, this was my programming decision not the clubs. sorry you didn’t enjoy it. all the acts involved are fans of each other, and we’re all friends. one of the ideas behind this series was to give people the opportunity to play in different musical situations than is the standard for them, so they can explore a wider range of their influences than is often possible. my taste in music is broad, as is most people’s these days i think, and my choices in programming the residency reflect that. sure, most people would not link shackleton and hunee, but they are connected both personally and musically, and i knew the space between them would be interesting to explore. shackleton plays live, and has a singular voice, more so than almost anyone else that i can think of in our scene - so of course the rest of us adapted around his set such that the arc of the night made sense. if you came expecting a whole night of disco euphoria, or a whole night of shackleton-esque percussive madness, i am sure you were disappointed - but if you looked at the lineup in advance and saw a diverse range of musical identities and came with an open mind, im sure you would have had as nice a time as we all did. this isn’t to denigrate your opinion or experience in any way, just giving sharing my perspective!

Nice man, glad you got it all sorted out! Sounds wicked with the small venue too. Hope it goes well, and be sure to post some photos here afterwards to make the rest of us jealous :wink:

1 BigUp

Corsica is my favourite club in existence

soundboys skull gets drawn and placed on poster

got a message the other day asking if shack could play 90 minutes instead of 75 this friday as he had some new material then saw multiple posts about this earlier today !

https://boomkat.com/products/furnace-of-guts

2 Likes

set time 02:30 - 04:00 : )

Fuk might have to bail altogether if he is on that late :rage:

Haha shit for real? I hate it when people put him on like 11 so wanted late as poss

Waiting for the vinyl before I listen to that new release! Is it actually out on wax yet?! Can only see it available on Hard Wax.

Nah it’s all good, i half expected it to be late. Something has come up unfortunately

Seeing him this Saturday at corsica, can’t fucking wait

1 BigUp

Ah shit mate gutted

anyone thinking of making a late dash up from anywhere? let me know and will sort a cheapo dsf link to tempt ya

So excited for tomorrow night. Guaranteed to be better than the shambles that was the night at XOYO recently (not Sam’s set, just the general vibe). Really looking forward to the rest of the lineup too; Phase Fatale, and Pessimist… Never had a bad night at Corsica.

Would it be inappropriate if I posted my Shackleton-inspired track here. Just had it mastered from my pal Movement, and he did a good job.

2 Likes

How was the night mate? And his set?

He absolutely smashed it at Corsica, hour and a half set, mostly unheard material (although it is every time I see him). There were some parts later in his set that were very techno influenced. I know he adapts his sets to the event he is playing, which I think is cool. There was a track fairly early on that had a kind of skippy 2-step sort of beat going on, which was wicked too. Would love to hear it back, but he never records his sets. They are like a moment in time, never to be repeated or heard again, and I kind of love that.