Shackleton Appreciation

It was a full new live set he played for the first time both nights !

Absolutely smashed it up here, such a sound guy too. Went straight on after Adapta which was fully mental.

Just got a cheapo ticket for shack at phonox, Pangaea on support. Anyone else reaching?

Not a big fan of phonox crowd in general but decent sound and Iā€™m 10mins down the road so no reason not toā€¦

I was about to book a ticket then I realised Iā€™m already going system that night haha

didnā€™t even realise, so disconnected from dubstep ha

wonder how much the audiences overlap these days

Thereā€™s actually a couple nights on the 16th that would be a good shout. Booked my system ticket pretty much when it got announced in August I think though. Hoping to catch Shackleton in the next few months though since I missed him two weeks back

Saw the event at Phonox, and was well tempted as Iā€™ve not been there yet. But I just saw him play a couple weeks ago, so decided to get tickets for Night Slugs v Principe later that month at Phonox instead.

yeah just sorted train tix, not been phonox before but looking fwd to it !

not me his music is ultra boring.

Get out

2 Likes

Ban

lol

whoā€™s going tomorrow night then? the homie yamaneko is playing at this ambient ting off brick lane (yeah i know) before that iā€™ll probs reach, lineup looks tasty & itā€™s on from 6ish too

Should be if my bus aint delayed loads. Heard good things about peach and obviously Pangaea will be gud. Hopefully the bar isnā€™t a piss take

iā€™ve not been there before tbf, is the bar normally shit?

obvs impossible to judge from res advisor tix but those are still on 2nd release, not that that usually means anything

Swing low, Sweet Ban Hammerrrrrrrr

I wish I wasnā€™t so autistic so I could actually put into words how much I love this album. The kinda thing youā€™d expect Shackleton to put out but at the same time so different in every way. Itā€™s unlike anything Iā€™ve ever heard and despite pretty much having it on repeat for the last 2 months itā€™s not grown stale or bored me, if anything Iā€™m still finding new things in it that I didnā€™t hear before
3 Likes

Damn straight, one of the best albums evaaar (If you can call it an album??)
Test Tubes is just ridiculous

1 BigUp

I wouldā€™ve been happy with just music for the quiet hour, but the drawbar organ tunes are such a welcome inclusion, some of his best work easily. Part 2 & 3 of music for the quiet hour are just perfect in every way. I think my friends are getting a bit sick of how much Iā€™ve been raving about Shackleton though :cornlol:

think iā€™ve listened to it at least once a week since it came out, itā€™s genuinely perfect. so well presented as well. i rinse a few of the drawbar tunes out all the time, usually it is not easy

even stuck pt 5 in a skate edit ages ago, i love that little melancholy ending so much, itā€™s from 2.30ish onwards in this haha. thinking about it we went bristol that weekend to skate and go watch shack at motion tbf.

1 BigUp

Looks like his next London date is March 31st for some daytime resident advisor festival. Definitely gonna hit that up, but hopefully thereā€™ll be something on before cause idk if I can wait that long haha