Shackleton Appreciation

Couple of old unreleased Shackleton tracks on the new Hotflush compilation :scream::scream: as well as loads of other tracks Iā€™m mad excited to hear

2 Likes

soz if you got excited about me bumping this topic

Almost nutted expecting a surprise announcement

My biggest problem with behind the glass (and devotional songs really) was actually the vocals. They werenā€™t bad or anything, but thereā€™s a fair few points in both albums where I feel like it detracted from the beats. I think it works with vengeance tenfold because he sounds like a vocal sample Shackleton tends to use (spoken delivery, kind of held up by the instrumental rather than laid over it and overly processed)

Does anyone have a copy of Skull Disco 001, and is able to send me a high quality scan/photo of the front cover?

@faultier rinsing those Skull Disco lately?

Kind of gutted I parted with the records I sold around that time.

Bruce dropped this on Friday, what a fucking tune

3 Likes

One of my fav Shack tunes. Wish i had the Fabric version

2 Likes

Innit. The versions on the fabric mix of pretty much all his released tunes are so sick, especially massacre and new dawn :cannon:

1 BigUp

Just need to get 001 & 002 to complete my skull disco collection. Missing the Ricardo villabos one, but not really fussed on that tbh

I donā€™t say this lightly, but that Fabric cd is probably one of the finest pieces of music in existence. In my opinion of course.

3 Likes

I just need 001 & 002 as well. I think theyā€™re the only ones that havenā€™t been repressed.

Fabric 55 is honestly one of my favourite albums ever. Idc if people donā€™t call it one, itā€™s just so fucking good.

1 BigUp

sorry to hear :frowning:

still very happy to have added them to the collection and being able to play them

lately was kinda toying with the idea of selling some dubstep bits i dont listen to or play anymore and your post is making me reconsiderā€¦

https://boomkat.com/products/reach-the-endless-sea

3 Likes

Was literally thinking earlier when weā€™re next due for some more Shackleton :gunfinger: at work atm so Iā€™ll check when I get a minute

Liking this so far. Wasnā€™t big on the vocals for devotional songs & behind the glass so hoping itā€™s not too much like that. Either way, big news

1 BigUp

Yeah looking forward to hearing the full thing after the clip tbh!

1 BigUp

digi for Tunes of Negation up on boomkat if anyoneā€™s got it on preorder btw

1 BigUp

Noice

Edit - gonna go library a bit later, then when I get back Iā€™ll roll up and stick this on

1 BigUp