Shackleton Appreciation

someone smash me over a good quality skull disco logo so i can bootleg the t instead plz

thatā€™s an option

but tbh their prints are hit or miss depending on how complex the design is soā€¦

this one is dope

Hope itā€™s okay to post this, but this track of mine which was just released was heavily influenced by Shackleton. This isnā€™t what I would necessarily normally produce, but Shackleton has long been my favourite artist, and I wanted to make a tribute to him, while also getting my own style across.

1 BigUp

On another note, did anyone go to see Shackleton at Corsica Studios a few weeks ago? I was so pissed I couldnā€™t make it cos Corsica is my fave club in the world and I saw him there before and it was one of the best nights of my life.

i think @CreamLord went

Sick night, was quite drunk so donā€™t remember loads from his set. But thereā€™s a sweaty pic of me and him in the fucked thread

Need to see that

Probably have enough pics & memes from here to make a whole thread at this point :cornlol:

2 Likes

He doesnā€™t look as scared as he did in the gunfingers pic lol

1 BigUp

Niiice. I met him in the smoking area at Corsica and he was the nicest bloke ever.

1 BigUp

I wasnā€™t on as many drugs which probably helped my case lool

1 BigUp

Do you remember much from his set? Like what kinda stuff he was playing? Pre-pandemic I saw him every year, but havenā€™t for a while now. Just wondering if he still plays high energy sets like his Skull Disco days, even though his releases are quite different now.

Crazy tribal dancefloor stuff. Incorporated a lot of the vocals from his most recent album - if he has another date coming up Iā€™d highly recommend going (but you already knew that)

3 Likes

Exactly what I wanted to hear

1 BigUp

i actually saved a high res logo from the invoice from when i booked him in the end (nice one) and used this

1 BigUp
2 Likes

Can you sort me out, my tee has gone missing :crybaby:

Also hype :corndance:

Just discovered this yesterday, wow Iā€™ve only listened to clips but it sounds like it could be the best thing heā€™s done in a long time. Felt like it harked back more to the Skull Disco era. Copped the vinyl, so canā€™t wait to give it a full listen.

2 Likes