Stuff That Should Be Improved

Yeah the forum scroll bar (little blue bar next to the post count on the right) makes scrolling down easy, it’s pretty handy.

I noticed something the last couple weeks though. Sometimes when I click reply to someone’s post, it starts a post and has their name in the form with the arrow saying I’m replying to them, but the actual post after submitted doesn’t have it and looks like a random post and not a direct reply to someone.

Also just noticed I was notified cyclopian replied to a post of mine, but the actual post doesn’t have an indicator of being a reply.

Anyone else get that? I’m on Firefox ESR 45.1. That might be why… there’s an update to ESR 45.2 though, I’ll grab it in a bit.

1 BigUp

it doesn’t show the name/indication that when the post is directly below the post being responded to akaik.

2 Likes

the one that makes you jump all the way down doesnt work anymore i think

i have to manually scroll the whole thread for some reason

edit
but i found the one worm mentioned

Ah that would make more sense then. I just noticed it recently though and it looked odd.
I’ll use this as a test then.

Edit: yeah it shows on this one. a bit odd really, but no big deal.

Dsf completely doesn’t work in my browser on my work laptop anymore wtf (chrome), i just get the background image and that’s it. I’ve cleared out my cache but no dice. Works on my phone still, anyone else seeing this?

Edit: it’s not my browser, tried multiple browsers with same problem. No one else having this problem?

Edit 2: it’s not even specific to my laptop, the site does not work on any computer on my network at work (wired or wireless) however it still works on my phone via my works wireless network.

I have a problem with the random thoughts thread, I get the option to refresh and it says theres a connection problem or smth
wtf is going on lol

edit; back on track now ^^

Unexpected issues with the server - now it is fixed. Sry.

7 Likes

Ay thanks man. It works perfectly again!

yay, it works again, cheers

Having troubles with embedded pics not loading, nor can I scroll to the end of certain topics (Post Your Random Thoughts in particular).

Running Chrome Version 51.0.2704.84 m on Windows 10.

I only have issues with embedded pictures atm.
The rest seems to work fine for me (Chrome, OSX 10.10.5).

About half of the pics posted are not appearing for me. I get a 404 when I view image.

Same here

reply notifications not working for me

the pictures aren’t working for me either (firefox). It’s only pictures that are uploaded from a computer or phone though. pictures embedded from the web are fine (i’m expecting it’s the same for you guys since @Citronnier said it’s about half of them?)

you can tell if they’re uploaded from the person’s computer or embedded from the web if you hover your mouse over the pic, at least on my browser. if it’s uploaded from the persons’ comp a shaded thing around the border of the pic will “pop up” when your mouse is over it and it’ll say the file name at the bottom, but it doesn’t do that for images from the web.

it’s probably related to the website not working a few days ago. maybe @4ndY knows why? where would we be without andy haha

oh, also, i’ve had a lot of reply notifications come in very late for some reason. i thought it was only replies that happened while the website wasn’t working and they came in late after it started working again, but maybe it’s continuing? i’m not sure

same, just had one from yesterday come in today

Get yer issues in here (couldn’t link yesterday, pc was acting up)

https://community.dsf.ninja/t/stuff-that-isnt-working-error-thread?source_topic_id=110

Now I have finally found some time to look into this issues.

• The image issue was caused by the last Discourse update (it is fixed now, at least I hope :slight_smile: ) - report here or in the other topic if you still see missing pics
  • The notifications issue is still being analysed… I will report shortly about the status.

EDIT: OK, seems that notifications are going through again.

6 Likes

the fucking world right now quickly