System/ V.I.V.E.K

Yeah pretty much the same. Fuck bet I will crack before the week is out.

1 BigUp

Vivek Iā€™m jobless m8.

2 Likes

dont worry, the extras/repress will hit redeye in 2 months for 15 quid

Kinda works out better for overseas buyers that its getting released now, basically a 10% discount thanks to brexit

If itĀ“s not in recordstores I will not buy it.
The first and last time I directly bought from a label was for Wen - Swingin/walk tha walk which was like 15p for 2 tunes. Not going to do that again for a single release.

Scandalous!

Not for discogs maybe. ItĀ“ll get a bit too expensive if more labels see bread in this and are going to sell their own plates individually so I just donĀ“t wanna stimulate that.
IĀ“ll be able to buy about half the plates for the same price at that pointā€¦ no ty.
I donĀ“t live in the UK as well, shipping is more expensive for me. Paying shipping over every release is not an option.

Haha for a second I was just like rahh thatā€™s so cheap

Instead of dropping Ā£30 on this release you could get the Feel It or Eyes Down EPs off of discogs and cop arguably Vivekā€™s best material to date.

Or, like, spend the money on better records instead alltogether.

Unless you already own them and also you can apply that logic to any record :cornlol:

1 BigUp

Yeah IĀ“ll cop the repressed zamzam bits instead. 005 will (most probably) be in shops in 1-2 weeks anyway and cop it there. Local shop here might have it by then as well, and happily enough People here donĀ“t listen to dubstep at all so I can buy everything in a calm manner. Found a copy of qawwli and grime 2 about a year ago lol

1 BigUp

I tried my best not to say - judging by the previews posted by swerver - this record is pretty sub-par compared to vivekā€™s previous output, but you forced my hand.

Haha theres some tunes on it but im not buying it cos im broke but im sure its better value than Ā£10 for a single sided 10 inch fro example

Repressed ZamZam?

I know they donĀ“t repress but I see some older zamzams popping up @ redeye. probably bought up some stock, I donĀ“t know.

1 BigUp

More info on the website nowā€¦

4 x 10" PRESS WITH FULL ARTWORK ON EVERY SLEEVE

VINYL ONLY NO REPRESS

TRACKLIST

A. VIVEK AND SYSTEM ROOTS - MEDICINE DUB
B. VERSA - ROAD TO RIGHTOUSNESS (VIVEK AND DEGO RANKING REMIX)
C. ZINDAGI DUB FEAT. DELHI SULTANATE AND BEGUM X
D1. CRUCIAL DUB FEAT SINGING COLOGNE (RAW DUB MIX)
D2. VERSION
E. FOAMPLATE - LIONIZE (VIVEK REMIX)
F. SLIPPIN VIP
G. ROCKERS
H. ONE HEART FEAT DEGO RANKING

Thereā€™s probably a few muggy discogs sharks sitting on multiple copies of this, pissed that it didnā€™t sell out straight away. Happy days.

2 Likes

lol Vivek posting more about it on ig. Gotta remind everyone that itā€™s not sold out.

Cba to start a new thread just for this so:

Looking for an ID on a wonky 140 bit that got battered at Outlook this year, pretty sure iā€™ve heard it at System too in the last year.

Identifying features: Has a sample that says something like ā€˜twistā€™ or ā€˜body twistā€™, has a big mid range On Board style wobble every bar or two, 3 bags deep ketty Foamplate drums with occasional spring reverbs,

As reloaded by: Yunx (3 times), Boofy. Commodo, Kaiju & Jack Sparrow, Mala

Cheers