[โ„๐•–๐•ž๐•š๐•ฉ โ„‚๐•™๐•’๐•๐•๐•–๐•Ÿ๐•˜๐•–] แดแด€ษขษชแด„แด‹ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–—๐–“ ๐•บ๐–“ ๐•ฟ๐–๐–Š ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–‡

Snap-to is the setting that ensures all your samples sit exactly on a line.
When your sample flicks to the closest line as you move it aroundโ€ฆ thatโ€™s snap-to.

He had it switched off by mistake so his samples wonโ€™t exactly be quantised - which could be a headache for any DJs playing his track

3 Likes

watched that a few years ago

really good, educational video

:+1:

1 BigUp

@sleeps

Thanks for the reply man! :bluethumb:

You confirmed what I was already thinking. :hmm:

Iโ€™ve been looking for that button in FL,
but now I really gotta find it before the Solstice! :gunfinger:

This remix collab is sure to be fire! :cornzoom:

Gotta lotta peeps lined up, super hyped to spread the corn! :popcorn:

\\\\

Let me know if you need anything from me,
and Iโ€™ll be sure to keep yโ€™all posted on the status of this collab! :cornersault:

1 BigUp

I could use some help with Mid Side EQ. :recordingcrew:

What do you do for side EQ?

&

What do you do for the mid EQ?

:man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

Any guides or explainations for this one? :corntard:

\\\\

Also, I downladed the free T-Force Alpha Plus Synth with a couple of preset packs. :bluethumb:

The synth is great in itself, however I ran into a problem trying to add the presetsโ€ฆ :mad:

(Iโ€™m on FL Studio)

I get a message that says:

โ€œThat is not a preset for this pluginโ€

when it clearly isโ€ฆ :man_facepalming:

However, my FL is not up to date and this could be why - but I donโ€™t think it isโ€ฆ

Anyone run into this? :question: :question: :question:

\\\\

Thanks all!

:pray: :pray: :pray:

what do you mean by โ€œMid Side EQโ€?

1 BigUp

Mid Side EQ is when you
EQ the Side and Mid field of the stereo spectrum seperately. :cornersault:

What I could use some help with is knowing what to do for the mid and what to do for the sidesโ€ฆ :bluethumb:

Ya know, like what frequency ranges / instruments and sounds need to differ in the side / mid EQ. :gunfinger:

Low frequencies should be centered (mid) and the higher the frequency from there, the more applicable it would be to treat the side. However, like compression itโ€™s best not to crank anything anywhere - less is more until you really understand from experience wtf youโ€™re doing w mid/side.

Think this was the most helpful article when I started learning about it not that long ago:

This is good too

2 Likes

What is the benefit of mid/side eq as opposed to the usual way?

2 Likes

Stereo imaging - perceived width and depth basically. It allows for a more [theoretically] natural sounding mix with psychoacoustic characteristics closer to how humans actually perceive sounds and their defining characteristics in the stereo field. You can also use it for general spatial effects that are wholly unnatural as well.

I hesitate to make the comparison because theyโ€™re not at all the same thing but - like how multiband compressors allow you to selectively treat only certain portions of the freq range as desired, M/S allows you to do things (EQ, compression, fx) more selectively in the stereo field - within limits. You still need to understand that when applying to a stereo mix it canโ€™t go back and separate elements that have already been blended together for instanceโ€ฆ it doesnโ€™t make things more โ€œdiscreteโ€ thatโ€™ve already been summed into stereo - rather, it allows you to do things like rolling off subs in the sides so itโ€™s nice and centered, or apply a little more reverb or delay or whatever to the sides more than the midfield so it sounds wider in a natural way (as opposed to mere hard panning.)

Iโ€™ve been reading and trying m/s mixing methods for less than a couple years and have a lonnnng way to go, but the results tend to speak for themselves when done right.

2 Likes

@sleeps

Do watch the first minute of this video:

Hear the difference between the Mid & Side. :ear: :ear:

Mid side eq can really open up the sound of your song if you do it right! :bluethumb:

@_ronzio

Wonderufl! :smiley:

Thatโ€™s exactly what I needed. :smile:

Thank you for the post! :cornverted:

:pray: :pray: :pray:

Saw this and thought of this thread.

6 Likes

I finished mine! I decided to try a EDM style trap kinda remix. Hope everyone likes it. I also made the cover art for the video.

Squid Boi ยท IllumiNate (Feat. L The Alchemist) - Magick CRNTHB (Squid Boi Remix)
2 Likes

the corn-Orko character is awesome

the 02:20+ section of your song is really great

:dudebro:

2 Likes

Thank you very much! Iโ€™ve been calling him โ€œCorn-Koโ€ :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@SquidBoi
Thank you so much for the amazing remix man! image

I really like it! :+1: :+1:

Chalk to the brim with samples, and jam packed with familiar sounds! :cornverted:

I love what you did with it, espeically what you did with the samples and the ones you added! :cornersault:

By the end of this track I was smiling! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Great job brother! :twothumbsup:

So glad I invited you - and hey welcome to the DSF man - glad to see you hear! :ear: :eyes:

1 BigUp

@Pokus

Yea, thatโ€™s pretty much the gist of this thread. :cornlol:

You hit the nail on the head. :hammer:

Thanks for posting! :snake: :corn:

Corn Snake Forum

Hereโ€™s a cornsnake for your efforts. :gift:

1 BigUp

Thank you very much! Had a lot of fun with this one. :squid:

Thanks for inviting me. Looking forward to your new release. :+1:

2 Likes

Out of curiosity. Did you make those growls yourself, or were they samples? Curious what synth you might have used. I was using Sektor for those screechy sounds in my remix.

2 Likes

I didnโ€™t make any of these sounds they were all samples! :cornersault:
This is the first song Iโ€™ve ever made, lol. :cornlol:
Iโ€™m planning on getting serum they day the remix album comes out. :bluethumb:

Also, I just picked up a Gold Korg Monologue today. :recordingcrew:

Looking forward to seeing what I can muster up with this thing. :eyes:

3 Likes

Thatโ€™s so cool! Sounds super Moogy. I like it. :+1:

1 BigUp