Where do you think dubstep is going?

this is the new Ipman, i rate it a lot.

something a bit different.

4 Likes

"Would be better if he half-stepped the drums and added some emphasis on the snare. Apart the tempo being off (hows anyone gona be able to mix it) the bass could use a little bit of chorus. "

1 BigUp

this reminds me a lot of those 2011-ish ā€˜dubstep excursionsā€™ when a lot of producers used rhythms like that, experimenting with ghetto/footwork and techno etc

i loved those times tbh

4 Likes

isnā€™t that heavy techno?
the sub pulses are ds influenced
but with that insistent beat thereā€™s no room for a step

:joy::joy:

woii, whats this one called?

Thereā€™s beats branded laptops too that come at premium prices. Someone looked into it more and posted a video of what the beats software was doing, and all it was doing was some shit graphic EQ with the bass boosted to 10. The youtube video was linked on the original dsf a few years ago, Iā€™ll see if I can find it.

1 BigUp
2 Likes

Big plate

Man thatā€™s awesome. Sounds like what I want to make except for the fact that Iā€™ll never be able to make it lol

heard this?

1 BigUp

All of my musical efforts were for naught :stuck_out_tongue:

in the toilet duh

2 Likes

so youā€™re saying iā€™m the future of dubstep. AWESOME

adapt or die, bitchesā€¦ get off your old played out soundsā€¦

and aside from the very clever play on words that has me literally laughing out loud, you have reinforced my opinions about DSF being a viable place for producers to congregate and learn from each other. iā€™ve met enough people with constructive attitudes here to continue to network with them without douchie shit like this getting in the way.

we all float down here

8 Likes

Honestly thought it was a troll post based on the wording : (

tru vomithed

3 Likes

Lolā€¦ adapt or die. Bro youā€™re making shit thatā€™s been played out ā€œin the USā€ for like 6 years. I doubt you could make a case for a vomitstep revival ft. Rusko being more current than dungeon even. Iā€™m sure you meant this allegorically so I ainā€™t mad at it but itā€™s still p lolz.

6 Likes

what the fuck is vomitstep?