Which DAW do you use? [POLL]

ableton master race

Reepa.

Sony Acid, because I saw Rusko talk about it, found that itā€™s pretty affordable and does pretty much everything you need. Itā€™s a little limited in vst pop outs, but itā€™s fast and elegant.

I like Cubase alot, but itā€™s too expensive. Ableton seems over complicated.

1 BigUp

sony acid is one of the worst things ever (imo)

They didnā€™t ask tbf.

Letā€™s be honest. Someone had to say it.

Not really though tbh

2 Likes

Ableton Live 9 for building the beats, Pro Tools for some audio editing, final mixing, and mastering (sometimes)

Yea really. Its like trying to make a sandwich with one hand. U can eat it but ur options are so limited u always end up with a bit of ham in between two bits of dry bread

Iā€™m very familiar with and can work VERY fast in FL, but Abletonā€™s workflow presents interesting sound design opportunities when I occasionally feel like using it. dat blues amp tho

FL: main workhorse
Ableton: niche sound design

2 Likes

If it works for mans why spoil it for him though? Clearly Rusko made some decent tunes on it

1 BigUp

why, specifically?

Granted last time I used it was 2008. But it wouldnā€™t let me open more than two vsts without crashing.l, it looked awful and it was harder to use for editing audio compared to the se3 version of cubase (hardly any more costly at the time) on the same computer.

And it looked grim.

I can hardly talk tho, I still use Reason 4
:lol:

nah

yeah, I agree. thatā€™s the big drawback. you canā€™t open more than one vst on a track at a time. I managed to get two open once, but I donā€™t remember how I did it. (maybe one was a bus/fx?)

as for price, hereā€™s what b&h has

$699 Avid Pro Tools 11 - Professional Audio Recording and Music Creation Software (Boxed with DVDs)
$199 (suggest retail) Image-Line FL Studio 12 Producer Edition - Complete Music Production Software
$399 Propellerhead Software Reason 8 - Music Production Software (English)
$799 Ableton Live 9 Suite - Music Production Software (Boxed)
$119 Sony ACID Pro 7 - Audio, MIDI and Loop Based Recording Software (Boxed)
$549 Steinberg Cubase Pro 8 - Music Production Software
$499 Ableton Live 9 Standard - Music Production Software (Boxed)

I guess I was being cheap and then sort of got used to the workflow. I kinda like that itā€™s a bit unfashionable too (perhaps unique is a way to look at it).

you canā€™t even use vstā€™s in reason, right?

Correct! But ita better for it in my opinion. Its very stable and the synth s are amazing. But yea ur stuck with what u have.

Yeah, Iā€™d say the same about FL. Nothing you canā€™t actually do with it, also donā€™t remember the last time I didnā€™t use stock synths and effects on everything.

Actually, it could do with a formant filter, and a better bit crusher, but other than that Iā€™m sweet as a nut.

Anyone here use audacity Iā€™ve thinking of switching to that recently

4 Likes

Macintosh plus does.
Audacity doesnā€™t let you do midi at all. Not sure if it does effects either.